“Top notch Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife looked this up as a good place to eat while visiting and it lived up to our expectations. We asked to make adjustments as more people joined us and the staff was very responsive. This is one of those places that people flock to because of a well earned reputation.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The food was well seasoned and tasted great, but it is overpriced in my opinion. My wife had the shrimp tacos ($13.50). They were good but the shrimp was a bit strong (very fishy tasting) which made me question the freshness. The cream sauce on the taco is outstanding and the tortillas, made fresh on site were excellent. I had the all pastor tacos and they were very tasty, but the portion size was tiny, only three mini tacos, and for $12, I expected that I would be full when I left...if it had not been for free chips and salsa I would have left hungry. Both dishes were served with a nice bowl of borracha beans and they were very good as well. Again the food was delicious, but the portion sizes were small and the price was steep for what you get. I think you can get equal quality food for less than half what they charge at other places in the city. You are definitely paying for the atmosphere here.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

If you would like delicious but different Mexican food while in San Antonio then Soluna a is a great choice. For a delicious treat try the Pablo del Mar.
Great margaritas beautiful outdoor seating and great service.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Everything was delicious, from the guacamole to the sangria, the enchiladas and the burrito. We enjoyed sitting outside and the service was great. We couldn't have had a nicer lunch.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My landlord recommended this restaurant, and she was right. Despite a little away from Alamo/downtown this place is worth visiting for anyone willing to taste and enjoy. I liked "non-touristic" atmosphere and my dish - Cabrito - was great.

Been to Soluna? Share your experiences!