“So Long Soluna” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soluna

Soluna
Ranked #109 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
San Antonio, Texas
“So Long Soluna”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped by on a Saturday around 4 PM.
There was another couple in the dinning room and several more outside on the patio.
We were seated by a friendly hostess.
When our server appeared things started to go South rather quickly. She was a chunky women with tattoos. I never saw a smile, but when I asked her if they had .Happy Hour like at La Paloma, she defiantly said" this is Soluna", we don't have Happy Hour.
They have a huge menu, but no specials.
I ordered the Chili Relleno.
This was a disappointing dish. One small pepper stuffed with
plain picadillo, and covered with a watery red sauce, and thin queso was all I got for $14. The rice had zero taste, it wasn't Spanish
or any other genre. The frijoles were equally deplorable, no taste nor texture. When I asked for
a substitution to Borracho beans I received a sour look. Food was delivered without comment.
This same server ignored our water refills, and also failed to replace the chips.
My BW ordered the shrimp taco. Her order came with two small but tasty tacos, and some
interesting white rice with corn and peas.
The Margaritas were decent as were the tortilla chips. As we were ready to leave,
I caught the eye of the hostess for a to go box.
When our "server" failed to appear. I stopped by the desk and asked the hostess for our check. We never saw our "server" during this process.
There are too many simpatico restaurants in this neighborhood to waste time in an
establishment that has poor food and sour employees.

• Visited February 2013

Easton, Maryland
“Not as good as their sister restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ate here after eating at their sister restaurant. Same menu, but the execution was not nearly as good. Would recommend it if you are in the area, but don't go out of your way.

• Visited January 2013
Houston, Texas
“AWSOME FOOD & DRINKS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Wow thats how I can describe this restaurnt our server was excellent and very helpful since we were traveling and wannet information to go after dinner, food omg was delicious, I got the ponlano enchiladas and I loved it too bad they only give u two, I also got a strawberry margarita and omg sooo strong but thats good if Im paying $9 for an kinda small margarita it better b woth it and it was, I highliy recomend this place everything is great...

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Among the best Mexican food in SA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I have long considered El Mirasol to be one of the best Mexican restaurants in San Antonio - our "go to" place when we wanted a fix. We had driven by Soluna but never been there until a friend arranged a group dinner and... "Surprise!" And we learned that Soluna was El Mirasol's sister restaurant.

Dining at Soluna begins with what I consider the best salsas in the city. The food is excellent and includes both traditional and less traditional Mexican dishes. Last night we had Tacos Pollo Loco (which is marinated grilled chicken thighs) and Enchiladas de Mar (shrimp, lobster, fish in a lobster cream sauce). Also had the guacamole (very good) and split a tres leches (very good).

Decor is a bit upscale from El Mirasol. Food is comparable. We will definitely be back. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Texas
“Nice Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My son recommended this restaurant because we enjoyed its sister restaurant El Mirasol. SoLuna is more upscale but has a lot of the same dishes as El Mirasol. The decor is nice, it is large and comfortable. Service was just right with explanations as needed, many dishes are different than your normal Tex Mex found in SA. We both enjoyed our food and drinks although this was not a cheap meal. We may return, or we may go to El Mirasol again.

• Visited August 2012