“Breakfast and Location are the BOMB”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - The Jackson House
Ranked #10 of 42 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My first impression was that the Jackson House is not in the best area of town -- BUT I WAS WRONG. The neighborhood is in the process of being restored, with many interesting homes in the vicinity.

First -- the Jackson House. The rooms are nice, but not the nicest I've seen. The breakfast experience is one of the BEST you will find. Kathy serves a THREE COURSE breakfast, including desert! Be prepared to linger, relax and talk with folks. Kathy is very attentive to special requests and is fun to dialog with about food. The coffee is subpar (they need to change to Starbucks coffee), but the tea selection is great! Afternoon cookies and lemonaid was awesome. Fridge available for your own beverages and leftovers. Swim spa in back is nice -- but luke warm.

Location: AWESOME! Four blocks from the south end of the Riverwalk. From here, you can walk to the downtown part of the Riverwalk -- about 10 minutes. OR you can walk downtown on the street -- about 10 blocks. OR you can take a Trolley -- only $1. OR a taxi -- only $5 for up to 4 people.

Restaurants -- ONLY ONE BLOCK from the Jackson house are 4-6 great local restuarants. So if you want touristy -- go downtown to the Riverwalk. But if you want great mexican, caribbean or Italian food that the locals love -- it's only a block away.

Overall I liked the Jackson House, but the rooms and extra amenities need some updating. The sister property, the Oge House, magnificent rooms and common areas -- we were allowed to look through the house and will probably stay there next time.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank bishopfaw

Reviewed March 4, 2007

The Noble Inns
3/3/07
I had had a horrible few months at the office! I knew for everyone's sake that I had to take a day off. I told my husband and he began the search. The search took us to the Jackson House of the Noble Inn. It was exactly what I needed. It has a hot tub outside and a 2 person jacuzzi and fireplace in the room. They served a wonderful breakfast (3 courses) and had my favorite beverages available for me all day. Ask Kathy to make you her special crab breakfast, it was awesome. She also took my special diet into consideration.

After a day site seeing, shopping and enjoying the town we came "home' to the smell of brownies, cookies and other deserts.

The house itself took me back in time to a more relaxed era. Reminded me of the simple things and the joy of being with the one you love. The house is beautiful!

We took advantage of all the house had to offer, not to mention the short walk to the riverwalk, trolly's that take you all over downtown and SeaWorld only 20 minutes away!

It was just what I needed. It was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank secretname
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We had doubts about staying here after reading the other reviews, but it was very,very nice. The inn keeper has been there since May,2006. She could not have been more hospitable and helpful. Our room --and the entire house-- was very clean and comfortable. It was cozy and romantic too. We like to walk and felt it was near enough to the Riverwalk to give us a good walk but not too far to be tiring. It is in the King William district so we were able to walk that area too. The food was good but not outstanding. Overall we had a great time, and we were very pleased

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed March 22, 2006

Please do not stay at any of the San Antonio based Noble Inns.

First, the "Inns" are located on the wrong side of the tracks, if you arrive at night, like my wife and I, you will be VERY suspicious.

Second, the service is non-existent. The managers don't even know how to get you to the hotel when you are in the San Antonio area.
We were treated with contempt, and rudeness upon arrival. Note this arrival was only possible by the kindness of Courtyard Marriot employees.

Third, Noble Inns wanted a 14 day cancellation notice. How many people can meet that criteria? We left after only one nights stay, and we were charged for two.

I could keep going, but I believe you get the idea... stay anywhere but Noble Inns, San Antonio.

Thanks

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank m1969
A TripAdvisor Member
Beaumont, Tx
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I look for the little extras at bed and breakfast inns. There were none here. The breakfast part was small and lacked inspiration. Denny's or IHOP provide more exciting meals.
The structure and furnishings were nice but the inn keepers were almost non-existant. Having traveled throughout Texas and Louisana I will have to say as a B&B this is the second worst I have stayed in.
I had to leave early the last day and was supplied with a banana and piece of bundt cake from someone's kitchen - the inn keeper was to supply muffins.
This is definately NOT a place I will return to, nor will I stay and any Nobel Inns establishments.

If you looking for just a place to sleep - try the Emily Morgan. Their linens are much nicer.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2004

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, cozy place to stay in San Antonio, I would highly recommend The Jackson House. The room was absolutely beautiful, and the hospitality was excellent. There were Godiva Chocolates and fresh flowers in our room when we arrived. Also, soft music was playing in the background of our room when we arrived. Our room had a 2 person jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, and a fireplace in the sitting area, as well as a CD stereo player. Breakfast that consisted of pancakes, fruit, sausage and juice was served between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. in the dining room, and it was absolutely delicious. Muffins and juice were also served as an afternoon snack. We also relaxed in the beautiful heated swimming pool/spa. The InnKeepers, Andrea and Meagan were very gracious, and made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Not directly on the Riverwalk, which was a good thing for us, because we wanted a quiet atmosphere. However, the walk to the Riverwalk was only a few blocks away. We will definately go back to The Jackson House and highly recommend to others.

7  Thank jaky96