“It is open and it is wonderful!”

Inn on the Riverwalk
Ranked #1 of 40 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Seattle
“It is open and it is wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

I loved this B&B. It is now under new ownership and they are really committed to running a top notch B & B. It is totally cute, well located right on the riverwalk. You can walk everywhere you want to go. They have free parking. The food was great. Plus they have amazing views of the river and the city from the decks. I this is where I will always stay when in San Antonio. A+++!

• Liked — It was charming
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TraverD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Upon our arrival, we felt we were at home! We also got the chance to meet the NEW innkeepers- Johanna and her cowboy husband Scott- they are wonderful!! GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS! We can wait to return. :)

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank thaigrrr
St.Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

We contacted the Inn and made reservations on March 1, 2007. Paid our deposit. Then when we attempted to contact the Inn this morning, April 10, both of the listed numbers were disconnected and their email wasn't working. My wife contacted the city of San Antonio, eventually talked to someone that deals with lodging in the city, to find out that the place had closed recently. So now I've lost my deposit and have to try and find a new place to stay, and my trip is 2 weeks away. I'm guessing that plenty of people are showing up at the Inn, expecting it to be open, just to find the doors closed.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clgarland
InnOnTheRiverwalk, Owner at Inn on the Riverwalk, responded to this review, August 26, 2007
The past owner had medical issues and had to sell.
We're delighted to restore this beautiful property to it's former glory. The location is spectacular and our property and rooms have been fluffed up to make it a PERFECT getaway weekend for romance and enjoyment.
Most of our weekends are full with honeymooners and guests celebrating their anniversary's. Many past guests are coming back to visit and giving us rave reviews.
We're making wonderful changes everyday. We so look forward to your visit!
Johanna and Scott
New Innkeepers
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2007

A group of 16 or so stayed at the Inn for a football weekend (Texas A&M vs. Army). We had most of the rooms booked for our group. A lady named June helped me with booking and she was great.

We had a small party and dinner the first night. We catered in fajitas and our own drinks. It was fun. We used the dining area and the back porch which overlooks the river with a good view of downtown. A few stayed up until the wee hours in the dining area, but no complaints.

The house is old and the rooms need some work (paint, bathrooms, fixturesetc). But it is cozy, the beds were comfy and it's clean.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choices (eggs, fruit, cereal etc).

• Liked — Cozy place and great location
  • Disliked — rooms needed some work
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

The office, breakfast area, and some of the rooms are in the main B&B; across the street there is another structure. We stayed in the structure across the street (they called the rooms cottages across the street). They were clean, comfortable, old, and in need of some repairs (some walls needed painting, wood floors water damaged in some places, and the sink in #23 was cracked). The B&B was quiet and restful. The neighborhood was a little run down (old) but seemed safe, we had no problems walking to the (main) riverwalk area which took about 15 minutes, at night, beside the river, and with a 6 year old. This was the first time I stayed in a B&B in San Antonio, I would rate this B&B a (3 ) on a scale of (5) but worth the money and not a bad experience. My wife would like to stay there again but I plan to try another just to widen our B&B horizons. I hope this write-up helps. BTW, parking was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Dashecky
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2005

I grew up at this inn. Back before it was a B&B. The owner really did a remarkable job fixing it up. He must have spent near or more than a million dollars. I got to stay there with my fiance, and it was a great experience. The memories just came flooding back. It's great to see it as a cheerful place. If you decide to go, ask about the 5 Baker boys, and they might just tell you a remarkable story.

• Stayed May 2005
York Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2004

What a great location. At the southeast end of Riverwalk. Within a 5 minute walk of all the attractions with no parking hassle That is huge ! The rooms are clean but the plumbing is poor. Dripping showers and sink knobs that will not stay on. No big deal. Don't sweat the small stuff. All staff and owner are first rate. Now I have circled the globe from Germany to Saudi and I tell you these people are good people. However the rates are about 15% higher than they should be. The noise level in the rooms at night is very high !!!!!!!! There is a railraod yard or such close by and all you hear all night is train whistles. I don't mean romantic whistles. I mean Constant every 10 second LOUD whistles. Had to turn TV on with ac and overhead fans to drown out. Now you city slickers might not be bothered by it. Anyhow the establishment is very good. The prices a bit too high for the background noise. I have 3 nights of sleep to catch up with. Not the owners fault and I doubt if anything can be done. Just an honest critique. I like the place very much. Just take a headset for the nights. Honeymoon not applicable. The noise willl have no effect on your night. It will be great !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank MDLogan