“Charming and convenient B+B”

Inn on the Riverwalk
Ranked #1 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Enumclaw, WA
“Charming and convenient B+B”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed with Scott and Johanna for 4 nights this May. It was only supposed to be 3 nights, but we got in early and they were willing and able to accommodate us. We loved our upstairs room with a balcony that looked out over the river. Everything and everyone at the Inn had so much character; Betty cooked us a wonderful breakfast every morning and Scott is a character. We even got to go to a rodeo to watch Scott ride a bull.
The furnishings are very homey and Johanna's original art is wonderful.
The Inn is right on the Riverwalk, situated toward the south end. Every evening found us wandering up the river to find something new to eat or do.
We are looking forward to staying with Scott and Johanna again when we get back to San Antonio. They made us feel at home!

• Liked — The owners, character and location
  • Disliked — That we had to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K2Enumclaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Inn on the Riverwalk. We booked one of the cottages for our stay. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the Penthouse! What a wonderful room and nice views! Our hosts were outstanding- very friendly and helpful and accomodating. The Inn is located just steps from a quiet section of the Riverwalk. To reach the section of the Riverwalk with restaurants etc is about a 15 minute walk. However, it is a very pleasant and beautiful walk. A 15 minute walk in the other direction and you can reach the King William Historic District.
Our room at the Inn was spacious. clean and well appointed. We had a TV, coffee maker, hairdryer, small refrigerator, whirlpool tub and deck along with a king sized bed and sitting area.
Breakfast was scrambled eggs and a bacon hash mix one day, waffles and bacon another and eggs and homefries. Cereal, fruit, juices, pastry, coffee and tea were also available. Lemonade, coffee and tea were available throughout the day. You can have breakfast inside or outside on the deck.
Overall I would definitely recommend the Inn on the Riverwalk for your stay in San Antonio.

• Liked — Location on the Riverwalk
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ridgevalley
virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2007

My husband & I enjoyed this bed & breakfast. It's located right on the riverwalk. However, It's not in the heart of everything, so to get to the restaurants there's a walk, but we didn't mind. Johanna was very kind & helpful in recommendations on what to do & where to eat. We stayed in the velvet room cottage which was lovely & more private since it wasn't in the main house. A great place to stay & reasonably priced. The food was good too.

• Liked — i liked our particular cottage
  • Disliked — It would have been nice to be closer to the riverwalk shops & restaurants
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vhall77
Vancouver
Reviewed October 31, 2007

This is one of the best bed and breakfast places I have stayed at in my travels throughtout North America and I highly recommend it.

The staff were warm and friendly-from the chocolates and friendly notes and smiles to the advice on places to eat and visit and the varieties of food at breakfast.The room was very clean, reasonable priced and the location of the B abd B was close to all attractions and very quiet at night to sleep. It was beside the riverwalk on which you could easily walk safety at any time of day or night to the busy portions-in the downtown area, or to the less crowded portions of the riverwalk-near the historical King Willam District.

Bill

• Liked — staff and location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank coolbill
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed October 22, 2007

From making my reservation over the phone to check-out, our stay at the Inn on the Riverwalk was absolutely wonderful! I didn't get to meet Johanna in person but she was warm and very pleasant over the phone ...... I did get to meet cowboy Scott, her hubby who was so very charming and nice - even when I woke him up at 11pm when I arrived to check-in!! Donna, who was at the front desk and who wears many "hats" around the Inn - she deserves a raise, guys! - was extremely pleasant, and as it turns out went to high school with me! There was a delicious hot breakfast every morning made fresh by a lovely woman (I'm sorry, but I never got her name) who was kind enough to give my children left-over pancakes so that they could feed the fish in the river! Over all our stay was quite pleasant and I will most definitely be staying here for every trip to S.A! Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced - yes, ya'll should charge WAYYYYY more than what I paid - with an excellent location .....what more could I ask for?? Thanks for a great stay ...and to all thinking about staying at the Inn on the Riverwalk, trust me, you will NOT regret it! Take care and happy travelling!

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Restroom was bit tiny - but it's an old victorian home so it'sunderstandable!! All is forgiven!! Lovely place!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Texan_n_ny
London
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights. It's a pretty place and the owners are friendly and helpful. After a couple of weeks on the road it was really nice to stay there as it felt very homely and i craved my home comforts, The B&B is really well located, only a short walk from the town center. Overall i was very glad that we had ended up at the Inn on the riverwalk, i'd recommend it and would also happily stay there again, especially as i am sure that the standards will even improve further once Johanna and Scott have had a bit of time to put their stamp on the property.

Stayed July 2007
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2007

This B&B is so charming! I stayed in the Suite, but got a chance to see almost all of the rooms and they are wonderful. The decks have great views of the Riverwalk and it's just a short walk to the main shops and restaurants. It is quiet and romantic. Will be staying there again in September. Innkeepers Scott and Johanna are awonderful caring and friendly couple! Delightful!!

Stayed July 2007