Inn on the Riverwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Marriott Plaza San Antonio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Fairmount(San Antonio)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bthe main housebed and breakfastthe penthousethe river walkshort walkbreakfast was deliciouseach morningking william districtwhirlpool tubquiet endbalcony overlooking the riverquiet areavisit to san antonionext morningperfect locationromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I first heard about this place through Groupon. That being said, we only paid about half of the going rate.

Pros: Location! It only took us about 15 minutes to walk to most of the places on the Riverwalk, It is also somewhat secluded from most of the business on the Riverwalk, and there are much fewer people around.
Excellent view from the balcony. Everything was very green when we were visiting, and there were a lot of trees and flowers.
They cook you breakfast in the morning!
The bathtub
It is dog friendly. You do have to pay a fee of $20, but that is pretty cheap.

Cons: The house has pretty much all wooden floors, and it is VERY easy to hear what is going on outside of your room. Both days we stayed, I woke up between 6-7 because people were in the kitchen talking loudly and banging around pots and pans. We were on the second floor.
The bathroom door is one of those that just slides shut. It wouldn't shut completely....awkward.
You have to share the balcony with 2 other rooms.
When they are having weddings, you pretty much have to walk through the ceremony to get to the river. Definitely awkward when you're trying to walk your dog in the morning after a night out, and then you realize you're probably in someone's wedding photos with a pooping puppy.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the kitchen!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank la1132
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hi everyone, I did book 2 room for my friends and I.
1. Reservation was nice and easy but 2 days before your trip they will e-mail you cancelation your room and give you some [--] room you never want to stay. I did book king bed and nice bathroom but they did give us a shower I can't event bent over ( i am just 5 feet tall). No no no room # Traditional 11.
2. Customer servicer very nice ! they did sorry and sent us some discount but i am scare to book with them again :( they may sale my room for someone in the last munite ?
3. The breakfast were the best ! that was the only make my trip feel beter!!! thank you so much to Mr and Mrs breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vysaigon
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I chose this location to get married and we were not sorry. Eighteen of us traveled from Missouri and stayed two nights here. Some of us were in the main house and some of us were in the cottage across the street. I will begin my review with the wedding services provided by Tina. I will admit I was very nervous because i was entirely hands off with the whole thing. I simply told her a few things that I wanted and hoped for the best and it was better. I will admit that I notice in other reviews that ppl had a hard time getting calls back..as did I. But after arrival you can understand why.. The phone NEVER stopped ringing. The wedding was gorgeous and the whole staff pulled together so it went off with total ease. I cant get over how perfect it was for the price that we paid. The house was a very charming little house. It was kind of remote from the main drag..The walk for effortless for some but for the older ones, the staff called a cab. The Inn itself was on a deadend street with a few steps to get down to the river..It was so quiet there that even I as a majorly overprotective parent didnt have any trouble letting the kids play outside by themselves. It was so quiet and peaceful there. We all sat out on the porch most of the evening both nights and enjoyed the serenity..Take skeeter spray as they will eat you alive. The house was a older house yes. It was not a 5 star accommodation so if you are a person that loves luxury look elsewhere..Everything was clean and comfy and homey. The beds were comfortable. Some of the rooms and bathrooms were small so if you have a large family you might quiz them for which room will be best for you. There are ALOT of stairs but there were a few rooms on the main floor and the cottages were easy access so if you have trouble getting up and down you might specify when calling. The breakfast was fantastic every morning. Hot freshly prepared. The staff was all very friendly and helpful and my group all put them to the test because we were full of wants and needs. My husband and I will be returning. It was the perfect getaway!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Called as called, never got to speak to anyone. Did not call back. You just leave a message and hope they call you back? VERY unprofessional. It may have rooms but they know NOTHING about hospitality. I would rather write 100 negative reviews than get a call at this point.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay on the river walk in San Antonio! A short walk to all the hot spots on the walk. Charming, B&B style setting, great for parties and weddings with a great staff available to help or just to make a quiet romantic getaway special. The owner Johanna is a Gem and you feel like family when visiting her!
I had an Excellent experience across the board! Out of the ball park....two thumbs up......Five Stars ***** Etc Etc Etc
Go see for yourself!!