“O.K.”

Ranked #1 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“O.K.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would call this B&B "o.k." It could use a deep cleaning as mention by another reviewer. The staff is friendly. However, there were a couple of dead critters in our room that had clearly been there a while. The room had several dusty areas. I'm guessing they just do a quick once over between guests. I also had a hard time sleeping well; most of which I attribute to my being spoiled by a nice big mattress at home.The house itself is very quaint, just what we were looking for, quiet within the city. However, I would be more inclined to try for a hotel to meet my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff and tasty breakfast. Walking distance to the Riverwalk is great, and you don't have to worry about trying to park a car! We stay here every time we go to San Antonio (2-3x/year) and it's always great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katelyn B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first experience with a Bed & Breakfast was not a good one! This place was terrible. Upon arrival, I learned the overhead light didn't work and the fireplace wouldn't light. I notified the desk clerk the next morning (there is no one on site after 5:00 PM), but neither issue was corrected. I also notified the staff that we were almost out of toilet paper, the toilet seat was broken, and the wireless internet didn't work - none of these issues were corrected. The worst thing that happened was, after a day of sightseeing, we returned to the 'Inn' around 7:30 PM to find that our room had not been cleaned, there were no clean towels, and we were completely out of toilet paper. Of course nothing was done about these issues, so I went to a local store and purchased toilet paper. The next morning, all they said was, "sorry about that; we have a new housekeeper." Find another place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Noisy heater & A/C! All rooms are old and run down.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim O
NC
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed there for one night this past week. I arrived late but late arrival was ok, prearranged getting room key etc. I have seen lots of complaints about this place, I have to say most are unmerited. It is a very old house/group of houses, old houses have little things such as doors that maybe have lights, plaster cracked or whatnot. It is an old house but it was clean, bed was comfortable(I slept like a rock) and it was safe. woke up the next morning breakfast was ok, microwaved to warm up but no biggie.Choice of eggs or pancakes potatoes, plenty of juice and fruit. Location cannot be beat. Right on riverwalk, Took a morning stroll and my upstairs room had a balcony with a great view of the city and river. Was it a fine 5 star b/b. No but it was more than adequate, fair price , comfortable and friendly people. I would stay again anytime.

Room Tip: Ask fro upstairs, back of the main house. All of these have a balcony over riverwalk and downtown vi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank gborotraveler
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are looking for a reasonably priced location close to the Riverwalk this is it! In planning our 1st trip to San Antonio and the Riverwalk I was very 'up in the air' about where to stay. I was afraid that hotels right in the heart of the Riverwalk action might be busy & loud, plus I really balked at paying the parking fees! This quaint B&B is about a 1/4 mile down the Riverwalk and has free parking. The location is great for getting around downtown, close to the King William neighborhood, La Vallita & Hemisfair Park (Tower of the Americas). Also close to all the action of the Riverwalk! Yes, it is an older, renovated house, so don't expect a modern facility. It could use some updating...nicer showerheads would be a great plus! Biggest complaint would be the noisy air conditioner, but even modern hotels can have that problem. Breakfast was excellent each morning!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a king bed, choose a room in the cottage.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Doreen K
Katy, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I found this Bed and Breakfast online and booked a room for my husbands 60th birthday. The GM called and offered a different room in a separate house on the property, which was great, because a wedding party had most of the rooms in the main house and it would have been extremely noisy. We had a very private, clean and quiet upstairs room with a private deck and entrance. It was almost like a garage apartment. It was lovely, and the breakfast was wonderful. The property is a little run-down, and the bed and outdoor wicker furniture on our deck could definitely stand to be replaced, but all in all it was a very pleasant experience and we will go back. The location is wonderful. It's within walking distance of everything worth going to along the Riverwalk without being in the middle of all of the noise. We highly recommend this for a quiet getaway. Just remember it is old and quaint.

Room Tip: For a completely private experience, ask for Cottage room 27.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vnesbitt
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place was extremely excpensive--very outdated and the staff at first were not helpful at all! They even called me to see if I would be there by the time they got off. When we arrived I had to continually ask questions to get any info. they did not show us where towels, blankets, etc were kept if we ran out. They did nto leave the right number of towels in our room, I had to rtepeatedly call and then finally they tolsd us we woudl have to walk across the street and get more ourselves. They also only serve breakfats for 1 hour which is completely ridicuous! The cook however was wonderful! She was very sweet, very helpful , and the food was good. (the 1 time that we got to eat breakfast there) The Inn is in a run down part of town, and should not be near as costly as it is. The paint is peeling off of the outside and it is just run down. They had not even bothered to water the flowers! It was obvious that the pictures on the internet had not been updated in several years! The rooms are all outdated, and the furnishings are even more outdated. I would NEVER stay there again for sure! For over $150.00 a night (and that was after a discount) I think I could have found a much more accommdating place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family