“Labor Day Weekend Getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
Ranked #18 of 42 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2012

For a quick Labor Day getaway weekend, we stayed at the Carriage. We loved it. The breakfast was wonderful, my sweetheart fell in love with the coffee! The location was perfect. We were able to get around on foot to many of the hot spots in the area. The Carriage house was nice and private with a pool in the back. We had a lovely weekend and plan to come back again in the spring!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The service at this private B & B was outstanding. Fresh orange juice and milk in the refrigerator every morning. We checked out on Wednesday morning but they let us park our car there all day Wednesday and let me sit up on the front porch and read while my girlfriend was in a class. The location is perfect, a quiet tree lined street with the Riverwalk out the back door so easy access into downtown San Antonio by walking. The amenites of a private pool and hot tub were wonderful after a long day. I simply cannot say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the carraige house on the ground floor - great privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We love to stay at the carriage house when we head to San Antonio for business or a get away. The (almost) private swimming pool is decadent. We love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place.
We also like to travel with gourmet food, wine and mixers and the convenience of having a full Kitchen is terrific. Also, parking your car in a private driveway keeps it handy without the constant tipping of valet service and day rate parking garages...this alone is worth it .

The carriage house is located in the historic King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk and the best restaurants are all nearby.

The carriage house is not new and trendy. If you like the comfort of home away from home, you will truly relax in this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The carriage house is a delightful place to stay when you find yourself in San Antonio. We love to stay at the carriage house, especially during the warmer months when we can the enjoy the almost private swimming pool (where else can you find this?). The fireplace is nice in the colder months. I love the privacy and the quiet peacefulness of this place. I also like having the kitchen with the full sized refrigerator / ice maker (that contributes to our artisan cocktails) to house our gourmet breakfast and happy hour food, wine and mixers that travel with us. I rarely eat hotel food. The fresh fruit in the room is nice. The convenience of having my car a few feet away from the front door is perfect for me (no wait ). Megan, the friendly innkeeper is a very knowledgable concierge. She obviously spends alot of time keeping up with everything going on in San Antonio, including the best restaurants to patronize.

The carriage house is located in the historic and charming King William District neighborhood that is a short walk to the Riverwalk. Far enough to be quiet, yet close enough to be convenient. Awesome restaurants are nearby; Fiest, Bliss and The Monterey, to name a few.

The carriage house is a nice, charming and quiant place to stay. It is not new and shiny like the new San Antonio Hyatt. I'm not big fan of big hotels and all that goes with them (crowds, waiting on elevators, waiting on my car, loads of service staff with their palms extended for a tip to cater to my nonexistent needs, except those that they impose on me...like parking my car for a total of $50/day with tips and taxes...grabbing my bags and passing it off to a second valet...etc.). If your tastes lean to staying in a home away from home, you will enjoy your stay at the carriage house.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at the Carraige house as this was the only one of the Nobles Ins to allow kids. I wish I had researched the Trip Advisor reviews prior to coming here! Don't be misled by the website photos. This place is tiny, old and unwellcoming. "The large terra-cotta toned living-dining room with full kitchen" looks terrible in reality, old, dusty and so discolored that it made it hard to even just walk through it! I cannot imagine sitting and relaxing in it..... The kitchen has a stove that is in such a poor shape that I'd never even touch it. The breakfast was soooo disappointing, 3 small bagels, 3 slices of cake and 2 muffins- mind you, we came with a child, so I guess they assumed he'd not want a muffin; there was also milk and orange juice, but we ended up not even touching the food, because it all looked just so uninviting. It would have been so much nicer to be served a warm breakfast, even the same stuff they left for us in the fridge, but nicely set up in the morning rather than put in the fridge the day before. There was a basket with 3 fruits in the fridge and as I moved it to make room for the food we bought from the market, it left a pool of fruit juice behind on the fridge shelf. The little sofa my son was to sleep on was probably the worst I ever sat on. The comforter and decorative pillows were yellowed and stained, likely due to both time/extensive use and dirt. The bathroom was the only reasonable looking place, i think it was updated fairly recently. Overall a bad experience, I would never recommend it to anyone. I don't generally write reviews, but this one was too much not to be talked about. And we paid a lot of money for it!! Please go anywhere else, again do not be fooled by the photos r words they have on their website.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andreea A
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My husband is in the military and we went here for his R and R vacation. We had to prepay which wouldn't have been a problem if we had been happy where we were staying, but we had to take a cold shower the first night and the fireplace didn't work. We gave our two kids the bedroom so we could sleep by the fireplace, but that plan didn't work because the fireplace wouldn't stay lit. The pull out sofa was new, but very uncomfortable. The jacuzzi was nice and roomy but we couldn't enjoy because after filling the tub just to the jets with luke warm water it completly ran out of hot water. We thought staying at a bed and breakfast meant the breakfast would be filling and tasty, but it was just some left over sugary muffins in the fridge one day and mini pancakes that were hard as a rock the next day. They put the food in a tupperware container and leave it in your room for you so you don't have to leave your room. The thought is nice, but a hot breakfast would have been nice. The location is in the center of the city kinda and close to the old part of town. You can walk to these little shops at night if it isn't too cold or you are not afraid of being mugged. There is a pool but we didn't check it out since it was winter time. The wine glasses were cheap thin plastic that cost like 2-3 dollars. When I saw these I couldn't believe they didn't put real glass ones since this is suppose to be a romantic place to stay. I will not go back and I do not recommend it. It is not a resort, it is someone's guest house and there is no customer service whatsoever. They did offer wifi though so I do give them thumbs up for that.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank dreamyone21
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I chose this as a place for my wife and I to stay on our honeymoon. I thought, quiet, peaceful, close to the riverwalk without being too close.

It's more like a cramped very small cottage. Everything about it screams, "I am old!". Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, just not nice at all, on the very edge of the worse neighborhood. Don't walk to go eat after dark. Would not recommend this to anybody for any reason.

The Oge house across the street (same owners) looked much nicer. I booked this room largely for the Jacuzzi tub (which was lukewarm because the hot water heater wouldn't fill it) and it's nowhere near the price. Look elsewhere and don't believe the website photos,

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple