“Not so great!”

A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2005

Stayed in this guest house whilst vising San Antonio on business, October 2004 and was so pleased with what I found. The rooms are all decorated and furnished in their own individual styles, are large, cool, clean and well equipped. The breakfast in bed was a real treat - American sized portions and all freshly prepared, with a different variation every morning. The owners made me, a young woman travelling alone, feel right at home and even offered to drive me to an out of town shopping centre to pick up some finest quality, home grown, all Texan cowboy boots. Another great addition, and something that made me even more pleased that I had chosen to stay here rather than an anonymous hotel, was the fact that each room came with its own mobile phone, with which you could make free local calls, great for contacting colleagues staying elsewhere or calling cabs. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone visiting San Antonio on business or pleasure.

2 Thank MontyHad
concord, NH
Reviewed March 10, 2005

What a marvelous oasis in SanAntonio. I stayed 6 nights during a conference at the Convention Center, a short 12 minute walk. A convenient trolley service is an option, right around the corner on Beauregard St. My room was immaculate, and I had to protest to keep housekeeping away on a daily basis. No shortage of pampering here, and the afternoon cookies were a welcome sight after a long day. I rented a bicycle from Blue Star Brewery (5 min walk on S. Alamo)for a 12 mile jaunt. Friendly, gracious hosts Deb and Kit made this New Englander's stay very comfortable.

2 Thank yorka
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2005

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent trip to San Antonio, and we were especially pleased with our accomodations at "A Yellow Rose." We had no trouble finding the B&B (thanks to the wonderful directions sent with our confirmation information), and we were able to check in early. Our room was absolutely lovely, and we immediately felt right at home-- as evidenced by my husband's prompt devouring of the Godiva chocolates on our bedside table. As we told the owners when checking out, we will definitely be returning to "A Yellow Rose" on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2005

In celebrating our first wedding Anniversaryand New Year's Eve at the Yellow Rose, we couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! A couple of city blocks walk from Riverwalk, Jacuzzi and champagne, too....wow! What a celebration! You must visit to believe it.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member