“Great quiet location”

A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 42 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I spent Christmas week in San Antonio and stayed at the Yellow Rose. We enjoyed the quiet and historical neighborhood. One cannot beat the location. It is within walking distance to The RiverWalk, neighborhood restaurants and shops. We did not choose the breakfast but opted for just coffee, tea and juice. We wanted to be free to explore other places for breakfast. Our suite was like a small apartment with a comfortable living space, complete kitchen (if one wanted to do their own cooking...we did not), walk in shower in a large bathroom plus a large bedroom with a king-size bed. The bed was very comfortable. Deb, the owner, was a big help and answered all of our questions and was an excellent host. One good feature was that we could park our car off street in the back where there was a covered pull-in garage plus there was no charge for parking. That is a real plus in the downtown area where major hotels charge a big parking fee. A gate was across the driveway so we felt safe leaving our car there. Our room was clean and comfortable. It felt like home.

Room Tip: If one wants more room with a feeling of home and a walk-in shower, ask for the apartment over the g...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 28pa05

Reviewed November 26, 2013

For our second year anniversary we opted for a "staycation" and were looking for something in the downtown or southtown area. I'm glad that we stumbled upon the Yellow Rose. There is no formal check-in when you arrive, so it feels very private. Our room and bathroom were large, clean, and well-furnished. I really appreciated the reading books supplied.
We chose the full breakfast option for both mornings. They were both delicious. I've included a picture of one of the breakfasts. The location is beautiful and perfect. It is easy to walk into downtown or catch a Via Streetcar.
An added bonus were the few cats that populate the neighborhood and could be seen hanging around.
Another bonus! free and convenient parking.

Room Tip: The stairs to the 2nd floor rooms are a little steep. If you have any problems with stairs, I recomm...
2  Thank Trevi R
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We just needed a nice quiet place to retreat after an emotional week. We found our stay at A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast did just that. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the neighborhood while sitting on the balcony outside our room. Our room was very relaxing and welcoming.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bordeaux and were very pleased.
1  Thank Swh65
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Yellow Rose, and it was perfect to my needs. I am a runner (slow one but never mind) and this place is in a great location for that - quiet neighbourhood, and 5 mins from the Riverwalk (north to shops and tourists, south to over 10 miles of mostly empty, car-free running track).
The room was comfortable and clean, but more importantly Deb, the owner, was available to offer advice and help whenever needed, and on any subject I had.
A wonderful experience overall, and I'll be staying there next time I visit the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JonPils
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This B&B is located right in the heart of the King William's district, just 1 mile from the Majestic Theatre. We were able to access the River walk just a short 2 block walk away. The neighborhood is quiet and comfortable, safe and historical. Plenty of places to eat within a 3blk radius of this address.
My husband & I arrived early to find the room already available. We were able to find parking on the street, then moved our car to behind the house after the concert. The room was clean and quiet with a large bathroom. We had our own porch area on the 2nd floor w/chairs and table. The quiet, friendly and non-intrusive owners live in the downstairs area. Breakfast is offered for an additional price. Since we are not big eaters in the morning, we opted for just coffee, tea and juice in the room. French press coffee and real cream were in the room refridgerator.
We loved staying in this historic part of San Antonio at this well maintained B&B.
Thank you Deb for the fresh cream!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bordeaux room on the 2nd floor, next to the Bluebonnet room. If you don't mind...
2  Thank InTheCountry78801
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really can't rate this B&B too highly. A cool, comfortable and quiet room in a lovely setting. I stayed two nights and would happily have stayed more. And Deb was an excellent host who helped me out with laptop and phone problems I was having at the start of my vacation. I loved it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick G
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Yellow Rose for two nights during our tour around Texas and loved it. The location is excellent, just a 15 minute walk along the beautiful river and you are in downtown. It is also nice to walk around the King William district and admire the stunning properties. We stayed in the Bordeaux Room, which was just perfect. It was big, comfy, private and spotlessly clean. There is also free parking either on street or at the back. As other travellers say, Deb and Kit are great. They are there in the background if you need them, providing great tips for where to eat in the area and by leaving you an arrival note at the rear of the property, check in is effortless. We really did love this B&B and also San Antonio. And to top off a wonderful trip, my boyfriend of eight years proposed to me in our room during our stay, so the Yellow Rose will always have a special place in our hearts!

Room Tip: We liked the Bordeaux Room as there was no one above us and it also has a cute balcony to sit and en...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple