“Retreat”

Ranked #7 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Georgetown, Texas
“Retreat”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We just needed a nice quiet place to retreat after an emotional week. We found our stay at A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast did just that. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the neighborhood while sitting on the balcony outside our room. Our room was very relaxing and welcoming.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bordeaux and were very pleased.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Swh65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Yellow Rose, and it was perfect to my needs. I am a runner (slow one but never mind) and this place is in a great location for that - quiet neighbourhood, and 5 mins from the Riverwalk (north to shops and tourists, south to over 10 miles of mostly empty, car-free running track).
The room was comfortable and clean, but more importantly Deb, the owner, was available to offer advice and help whenever needed, and on any subject I had.
A wonderful experience overall, and I'll be staying there next time I visit the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JonPils
Uvalde, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This B&B is located right in the heart of the King William's district, just 1 mile from the Majestic Theatre. We were able to access the River walk just a short 2 block walk away. The neighborhood is quiet and comfortable, safe and historical. Plenty of places to eat within a 3blk radius of this address.
My husband & I arrived early to find the room already available. We were able to find parking on the street, then moved our car to behind the house after the concert. The room was clean and quiet with a large bathroom. We had our own porch area on the 2nd floor w/chairs and table. The quiet, friendly and non-intrusive owners live in the downstairs area. Breakfast is offered for an additional price. Since we are not big eaters in the morning, we opted for just coffee, tea and juice in the room. French press coffee and real cream were in the room refridgerator.
We loved staying in this historic part of San Antonio at this well maintained B&B.
Thank you Deb for the fresh cream!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bordeaux room on the 2nd floor, next to the Bluebonnet room. If you don't mind...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank InTheCountry78801
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I really can't rate this B&B too highly. A cool, comfortable and quiet room in a lovely setting. I stayed two nights and would happily have stayed more. And Deb was an excellent host who helped me out with laptop and phone problems I was having at the start of my vacation. I loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nick G
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Yellow Rose for two nights during our tour around Texas and loved it. The location is excellent, just a 15 minute walk along the beautiful river and you are in downtown. It is also nice to walk around the King William district and admire the stunning properties. We stayed in the Bordeaux Room, which was just perfect. It was big, comfy, private and spotlessly clean. There is also free parking either on street or at the back. As other travellers say, Deb and Kit are great. They are there in the background if you need them, providing great tips for where to eat in the area and by leaving you an arrival note at the rear of the property, check in is effortless. We really did love this B&B and also San Antonio. And to top off a wonderful trip, my boyfriend of eight years proposed to me in our room during our stay, so the Yellow Rose will always have a special place in our hearts!

Room Tip: We liked the Bordeaux Room as there was no one above us and it also has a cute balcony to sit and en...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loves2travel394
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So I decided to take a small vacation within my own city in my favorite neighborhood King William. A friend recommended I try a B&B, and I’m so glad I chose A Yellow Rose! Deb and Kit are amazing hosts, who allow you with privacy, space, and a smile. The breakfasts were amazingly delicious and were delivered right to my room, which is different from your typical B&B. With it’s location, the Yellow Rose is right in the heart for the King William Historic District. I parked my car for the weekend, and walked the neighborhood. It’s close to great restaurants and a beautiful stretch of the San Antonio Riverwalk. This is an absolute gem of a place to stay, and I will definitely head back for another stay-cation. Relaxing, quite, comfortable. A perfect getaway in my own city. Just amazing!

Room Tip: The Bordeaux Room was amazing, quiet, and comfortable. I slept ridiculously well. Just fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My partner and I love this B&B! The fridge in the Carriage House is always stocked with sodas, water, and coffee (we opt not to have breakfast since there is a stove in the CH). Deb and Kit are wonderful hosts and very knowledgeable about SA.

As for location, it can't be beat. A block or two from some of the best restaurants that San Antonio has to offer (Mad Hatters, Rosario) and close to the Trolley line. If you like to walk, the main part of the Riverwalk can be reached in about 15-20 minutes.

Room Tip: Even though it's above the garage, the Carriage House is very quiet since it's in the back o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple