“Texas holidays”

Ranked #7 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Texas holidays”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We visited San Antonio for a brief getaway before the holidays. Our room was perfect and Deb had great advice for how to spend our time. The River Walk lights surprised us with their beauty and the King William Historic District home tour was incredible. Deb told us to eat in the neighborhood and we enjoyed a large selection of restaurants. We hope to return next year.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mindy h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I've stayed here several times throughout the last few years and wouldn't change a thing. Perfect location nestled in the heart of the King William Historic District, yet just a few blocks away from great restaurants, the River Walk, galleries, and downtown.
Rooms are comfy, clean, and nicely decorated without being fussy. Lots of thoughtful amenities like French press coffee, bottled juice and water in the fridge, bathrobes, etc. Love the private entrances and peaceful porches. Delicious breakfast delivered to your room if you choose that option. Deb and Kit are super helpful with local information and restaurant recommendations. Great value overall. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SyPie
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I hadn't stayed in a b&b and was nervous. What a relief to have so much privacy and such a quiet environment. I really appreciated the breakfast and rate choices that let us opt out of paying for something we wouldn't use since we are not breakfast fans. We did enjoy the french press coffee in the room, though and the refrigerator where we kept our left overs from dinners out. One night we came home with take away food and ate on our porch. We asked Deb for advice on a couple of things and she was very helpful. Our room had everything we needed and was very comfortable. Can't wait to return for our next r&r.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Loved our porch and privacy. Deb and Kit gave us good advice about where to go and eat. The room also had lots of information to help us. Mostly, we had an incredible time unwinding in the calm, friendly atmosphere. Oh, and the room was better than the porch.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deedee b
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I don't eat breakfast and my husband does, so we enjoyed the flexibility of the breakfasts and rates. I slept in and he went around the corner to Madhatters and ate each morning. The room was big and the bathroom huge. We enjoyed the privacy but when we needed answers to questions, the innkeeper was easy to find or call. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is absolutely the best of the best for comfort, courtesy, location, value, and ambiance. A Yellow Rose B & B is not only my home away from home when traveling to San Antonio, it is the perfect haven for a quiet, restful retreat. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book early! Rooms fill fast.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 5, 2011

As a rule, I usually only review places that I like and I want people to visit (you can look at my yelp reviews http://bit.ly/eyHxEV). Occasionally I run across terrible customer service...very rarely actually, we do live in the south right?

I booked 1 nights stay at this bed and breakfast. As we were walking to our room the owner came out, took a look at our 4 yr old and said no kids allowed, that it was stated on the website (pretty sure I would have caught that...I understand no kids policy). I did put in my notes that we were bringing a child, all done on-line and I called her the next day to confirm our reservation.

In a state of shock we said ok and asked if our son could use the bathroom...the lovely owner (Deb) said NO immediately. Wow, never had that happen before... Deb, after we left, e-mailed me a link that says "Not appropriate for children under 12"...that should be on the front page of website, not hidden in small print. Does not deserve any stars-Too many other beautiful B&B's in the King William District.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family