“Highly Recommend”

Neighborhood: Far North Central
San Antonio
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have been to BIN 555 twice before and enjoyed the food and service. Last night they had a special wine and farmers market dinner in their outside venue and it was outstanding. They prepared all of the food from their local farmer vendors and they had most of the vendors set up in the parking lot area where you could purchase their locally produced products.
The outdoor setting was excellent and covered which turned out to be a real plus since a small rainstorm came through late during the dinner and it did not bother the event at all.
They have the small farmers market set up on Saturdays which will feature their food vendors which we hope to utilize in the future. This venue is a little out the way for us and it is hidden in the back of a small unique shopping center but it is a must attend food venue in San Antonio. We plan to schedule a dinner in the near future at BIN 555 with some of our friends.

• Visited March 2012

“Horrible food!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My friend and I had eaten here before and food was okay. But now, a few months later the menu has changed. We had bad service and had to wait 45 minutes for our meal. We each had something different and both of us only had a few bites as food was not good at all. We will never eat here again. I am very disappointed as the location is great for two gals out shopping and wanting to eat lunch.

Illinois
“Excellent! - fresh ingredients, great presentations and menu and service”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Very cool restaurant...would have been even better if we could have sat on their patio, but the weather was awful..they still had a fire outside in the fireplace which was a great touch. Our server was Mary (?) and she could not have been better. We were given a complimentary "starter" of some fresh greens and some type of mashed pea..very fresh tasting a great way to start the meal. Excellent selection of wines. I ordered the selection of olives as an appetizer...they were OK..For dinner I ordered the salmon on a bed of couscous (sp?)...and it was marvelous. My wife and daughter split a meatball selection and it was fantastic...great flavors, not heavy at all. My son in law ordered a beef pizza with goat cheese and fennel. He really didnt care for it...it was pretty unusual, but it was cooked perfectly and the rest of us thought it was delicious. Dont miss out on their basil Mojito...marvelous!!!

• Visited February 2012
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, bad food”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I had been here once before and hadn't come back because the first time our short ribs were so fatty there was barely an edible portion. We heard they made some changes to the menu and restaurant and decided to try it again. What a disappointment. We had a pizza that was ok but it came out before the other main courses. Why can't they time that better? And the brisket that I had was so dry, I was disappointed. I won't be trying the two bros BBQ restaurant.

Houston
“Great place for dinner!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Recently ate at Bin 555 for first time with some friends. The food was great and the service was very good. We sampled many of the menu items and they all were great. Very nice atmosphere withnice outdoor seating area in Artisan's Alley. We will definitely return and recommend to our friends.