“Good pizza, but prententious anti-child atmosphere”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #11 of 4,622 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Houston, TX
“Good pizza, but prententious anti-child atmosphere”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Recently, my husband and I took a short road trip to San Antonio with our toddler. Before heading home on a late Sunday afternoon, we chose to dine at Dough. I realize this isn't Chuck*E*Cheese, but although my son was well-behaved, I felt like the staff was awkward about the whole situation, almost as though we were bringing a dog into the place. The hostess did ask if she should leave his place setting, to which I replied "Yes please", but the server quickly came by and removed it, and refused to acknowledge his existence. The awkwardness was enough that I considered actually leaving before we ordered anything, but we drove 20 minutes just to get there, so we stuck around. We have taken our son to several restaurants way more upscale than this one with no issues, so I was a little surprised.

The pizza was good, but not fabulous. The caprese was good, but not fabulous. Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods and I respect the fact that they they use high-quality ingredients, but it was still a bit overpriced for what you receive. They were even a little greedy with the focaccia that came along with the caprese, I guess they weren't counting my son as a person again? He never did get his own plate, or a drink, so we just ate off of the same one and shared our drink. Once again, awkward. We couldn't get out of there fast enough, perhaps that was their intention. It was good, I won't take that away from them, but I don't think I would return.

• Visited April 2014

“Great place!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I love the atmosphere! The food is amazing! It is a little more expensive, but very worth it! Homemade mozzarella...omg!

San Antonio, Texas
“Fresh”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Best pizza in San Antonio! you must go! the service is ok but the food is excellent! I'm from Europe and this pizza is so good it reminded me of home!

• Visited November 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Exceptional pizza and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Not inexpensive but it's not really your local pizzeria. We had the pork love pizza, the roasted olive appetizer and mozzarella tomato appetizer, all delicious. Service is attentive. They have outside seating, very NY atmosphere. Loved it!

Visited April 2014
Pacific, Missouri
“Good, but not cheap”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing. Super nice service, pizza came out super fast. Wasn't cheap by any means. Skip dessert here, definitely overpriced and not nearly as good as the pizza.