“Very well rounded casual dining experience”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #10 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Annapolis, Maryland
“Very well rounded casual dining experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I heard about this place via Tripadvisor review so that's how I found it. We went for lunch and it did not disappoint. The staff was friendly, the place's care for quality (and in most cases if not all, local) ingredients was evident, it was a casual atmosphere, inexpensive, and, most importantly, the food was pretty good.

Specifically, their mozzarella was very good and very fresh (which is very important, of course). All of their ingredients were. My pizza was pretty good (although it was one of those salad-y pizzas that I'm not a huge fan of), but my sister's pizza (called the Fontina) was VERY good. The flatbread and pizza dough was very good, perhaps the highlight.

Visited Feb 2014.

• Visited February 2014

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“GREAT!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

An invitation from the owners, who are dear friends....Doug and Laurie. What a great couple and a great restaurant!

Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fill up on yummy cheese and carbs”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Constantly on the front page of Yelp and featured in Food Network shows like DDD, my family and I were curious and wanted to check the place out. The parking is crowded and you might have to park at the end of the strip mall in order to get to this restaurant. There is LOTS of outdoor seating, but some seats lack cover making those spots impossible to eat outside in the hot Texas sun with no shade. Some bar seating is available inside in front of the pizza oven for solo diners or those who want to speak with the chef. Huge windows allow the restaurant to feel sunny and open, despite its small layout. We were lucky to get a booth right next to the window. The only awkwardness was that we were practically next to the people eating outside who might have felt weird as we tried to figure out what pizza they ordered.

So onto the food. Pretty much everything here has cheese in it somehow. The burrata of any flavor is a must-try as it is clearly fresh and tastes great spread on their homemade flatbread. Caution, extra order of flatbread may cost extra! The Rollatini is delicious with the lemon juice adding an extra something. The Spiedini disappointed us a little as you cannot really appreciate the mozzarella's flavor in this dish and it was more like 1.5 string cheeses wrapped in prosciutto. The pizzas are tasty, but do not necessarily have tomato sauce so watch out if you think a pizza is not complete without it. I think the prices for the extra toppings is a bit too much though. The salads (Casa and Tuscan) are both good and flavorful, giving much needed green to the carb-heavy meals.

Also, after Feb 3, the restaurant will expand giving much needed space to a popular foodie spot.

Overall, a fun foodie place to enjoy good cheeses and an almost Austin-like feel to San Antonio.

• Visited October 2013
Boerne, Texas, USA
“The best of the best”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When it comes to pizza, they are the best. But don't skip out on the appetizers, salads and desserts. All incredible.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tony R
San Antonio, TX
“Time and money to spare?”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Pizza is delicious, I'm a pizza freak and I know good pizza. We had the margherita pizza w/ added mushrooms and the pork love. Both tasty and excellent. The fresh mozarella is good, not amazing like other reviews state, but good. I've had fresh mozarella plenty of times before so it wasn't anything special. Not only am I a pizza freak but I'm a dessert freak as well. That's where they lost me. I was very disappointed with the dessert menu. They had the standard tiramisu which I'm sick of and a few other items that didn't seem too appealing when I asked for the description.( some sort if flavored cornbread thing?) I ended up with this Nutella on a grilled panini bread, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Don't get me wrong, it tasted good but it was like something I would made in like 5 minutes at home for my children. Not very impressive for the prices at this place. Which brings me to my next point, the prices! Wow. The pizzas are small, barely enough for two people(maybe) and really overpriced. I had a gift card which covered my entire meal and then some. I enjoyed it, I really did but based on the price, I feel like I can get equal quality but more value elsewhere. I wouldn't come here as a family dining experience, that's for sure. Oh and another thing, the coffee is awful!!! Don't try it!

• Visited January 2014