“Really great italian restaurant.”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #11 of 4,622 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Austin
“Really great italian restaurant.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We saw this place on Diners, driveins and dives and tried it. The food is amazing. Really love the caprisi salad. Incredible pizza and great wine list.

Visited November 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Upscale pizza”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The pizza at Dough is tasty and made with organic, local ingredients. It is not your typical chain restaurant pizza. The server was very attentive making recommendations and checking on us frequently. The menu includes a selection of Italian wines. Be prepared to pay for the upscale menu and amenities.

• Visited November 2013
Brooksville, Florida
“Best pizza ever!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were in San Antonio visiting the kids and grandkids and decided to go to Dough our last night there. Our server brought over fresh dough for the grandkids to make their own pizza shape, then took the dough back to the kitchen and added the sauce and cheese and baked it. The grandkids had a wonderful time eating their pizza that they made.

For the adults, truly a combination of all the right things; wood fired oven, oven temperature, fresh ingredients. The best pizza I've ever tasted. A little pricey, but you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“No Change..still a Yuppie Pizzeria, still Over Priced and Over Rated!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Sister-in-Law came to town and recently watched Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives before coming to San Antonio. Laure wanted to try Dough. I begged her not to because I said you will be disappointed and I'm going to get ripped off, this is not like the pizzerias in NYC more like Long Island. She insisted so we went. First it was about an hour wait on a Thursday night. The place is tiny and they have not expanded to handle a reasonable output. Laure was surprised to see so many people wait for Pizza.
We ordered The RolIatini, and two Margherita Medium..I say again medium pizzas. My last experience I knew we were going to wait, so I went around the restaurant and poked around to find some information. First, the pizza makers are not chefs who went to culinary school. I asked them how you would be employed at Dough. The makers said you need some culinary experience. I also asked them where they get there ingredients in. I think one of the owners said most of their items are imported from Italy.
So for other diners to say simple ingredients and they eaten all over the world seems disingenuous.
The Rollatini came out in about 15 minutes. I have to admit, they did a great job, very good.
The pizzas didn't come out for another 40 minutes later. It has to do with how they are operating because, there is no way that Pizza should take this long. It finally came out and again, it's not good and the quality is not there. It seemed like the marinara sauce was changed slightly, more on the acidic level. Fresh mozzarella is great, but without a good base sauce to marry the flavors, you might as well use frozen cheese. My final bill with soft drinks, $63.15; that is outrageous. A medium pizza they charge $15 dollars for. Yes, my dear sister-in-Law was dissappointed so I took her to Grimaldi's the next night to make up for this disaster. Laure said she should have listened to me.

Ok, now for the enlightening part. Grimaldi's here in San Antonio charges you $16 for a LARGE pie where dough charges $15 for a Medium pie. At Grimaldi's you get two large pies and a large anitpasto, drinks for $49.16. Cheaper and a better simple product, yes simple. No idea what these other diners are talking about. I hate to see their simple. Yes, it is true that Dough uses imported ingredients, but the fact is you can find many of the same ingredients stateside and still receive a premium product. I'm on the minority with this, but we can't see the quality you want to pay for. All pizza is dough, sauce and cheese; that is simple. All these complex ingredients are not a pizza and certainly not how they do this in Italy or NYC. True, the pizzas are a little more because you are paying for the service of all the wine and catering. In NYC, a pizza parlor, you order and go. Yes you sit, but many places don't have wait service. The ones that do, you pay a little more.

If you are skeptical of what I'm saying, check out this site and see what the typical prices for pizza around the U.S. go to: http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/best-pizza-places-in-the-us?xid=outbrain

You may think it is my northern arrogance, but I say this with passion, "Silly San Antonians, you are getting ripped off :(". We have the problem in NYC of paying too much for steaks where San Antonians would laugh at us for the prices we pay. We both have our flaws somewhere.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank MAJLich
Georgetown, Texas
“Authentic Italian fare”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Fior Di Latte Burrata was excellent as was the Bufala Margherita pizza. Prices are reasonable. We were in Italy last month and the food brought back pleasant memories of fresh and authentic Italian fare.

• Visited October 2013