“Simple ingredients, great experience!”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Reserve with OpenTable
Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Mobile, Alabama
“Simple ingredients, great experience!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When I moved to San Antonio a couple weeks ago I had this place on my list to visit. It was a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives recommendation. I've not been to Italy but I've eaten pizza all over the world and this place is special. Simple ingredients put together well that produce an awesome product. From the bright taste of the simple tomato sauce to the char and chew of the crust to the creaminess of the cheese, it's a wonderful taste experience.

The service is outstanding and the dessert was okay. I had the polenta cake and it was a little dry. I think this is because they put it back in the oven after they slice it ti try to give it the crispy sweet edges. But I think they could overcome that by simply pouring the batter into individual mini cake tins so the cake gets the crispy edges and it retains its moisture because it doesn't have to be cut.

I would say it's a little pricey at $40 for me alone with a glass of wine, capresa salad, buffalo margherita, dessert and a cappuccino but I won't. That was a lot of food and it was really good.

Thanks for a great experience!

• Visited October 2013

San Antonio
“Way overrated!!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

An Italian brick oven in the front of your restaurant doesn't make you authentic or delicious. We had the buffalo margherita pizza and I thought it was only an average napoletana style pie. I only had 3 pearls of buffalo mozzarella on my pie and that was very disappointing. The sauce was a little too acidic, the dough not chewy as I would like, and they cooked my fresh basil (burning it) instead of putting it on the pizza after it was cooked. For the price I paid, this is unacceptable. The Richard's Caprese was good but I felt it could have used a little something extra.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank M J
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
“Best Authentic Pizza”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent service and food make for a wonderful dining spot. Pizza is excellent and authentic Neopolitan pizza from a wood burning oven. Panna Cotta dessert is also a great way to end the meal. A bit pricier than most pizza spots, but worth it to treat yourself.

Visited September 2013
pl1227
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good service. Excellent pizza, all kinds of varieties. The burrata is great, home made! Good for all occasions.

Visited September 2013
All over the US
“Very good food and service at a pretty stiff price!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Three of us enjoyed very good service and food for lunch this week. My wife and daughter ordered wine. The tab came to $102!

• Visited October 2013