“Great pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #9 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I live in San Antonio and fell in love with Dough Pizzeria. I have traveled to Italy and had real pizza, but I am delighted to say that Dough Pizzeria is better. From their Caprese salad, wine, and desserts, that star of the show is the pizza. My favorite is the Vera margarita pizza. It is simple and perfect.

Lutz, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Flew in from Tampa to "Eat across" San Antonio, so much food / so little time, had to try Dough.
Get the Pork love, you will be happy. Service was great. Table on the sidewalk was fine. Mgr visited with us also. The blend of flavors was perfect.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Surprised and Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I cut the tags off of a brand new $65 Linen shirt as my wife and I were taking our two adult daughters and their guests out to dinner. Less than two hours later, a waiter was boxing our left over pizza slices with two forks clenched in one hand. He then reached to box some more pizza from my wife and made the transaction over me, not the table. Of course I next had chunks of tomato sauce on my chest. I was upset but I also recognized that this was just an accident. The waiter offered to bring me some water to clean it with, I used what was on the table. The evening had been good. The food was very good but I can't say it was great - even without considering the new and newly stained shirt. The pizza is better than most but another local establishment in Leon Springs is just as good. My real disappointment came when I was presented with the bill. A 20% gratuity had already been added. My wife and I typically leave 20% and often times more with good service, but we had a full bill with appetizers, wine, dinner and dessert and the service was not bad but just ok. I don't like automatic tips added but I do recognize that many places do it. We had to repeatedly ask for tea and Coke refills and considering the prices, an obligatory 15% would have been more in line. The food was good, but inattentive service, a stained shirt with no consideration other than a glass of water and a gratuity that is both obligatory and excessive gives me pause that this restaurant has an attitude that doesn't put it high on my return list.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul B
Queretaro City, Mexico
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Everything is really nice: pizza, entrees, mozzarella, wine, coffee.
Service staff are very friendly. one of the Chefs came out to talk to us and had a few laughs.
The place is always full with local crowd, which is always a positive.
Pop in, had a drink while you wait at the outdoor terrace.

• Visited August 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Dough has been featured on the Food channel! The salads are unique as are the Pizza's! The crust is thin and crispy, the toppings divine! Only one complaint, even the house wines are expensive at $9 per glass. two pizzas, two salads and two wines will come close to $70.
Kids are given dough to shape and then their toppings are added! Keeps them entertained and happy!
The restaurant is small but is expanding into the spot next door. At prime time, the wait can be up to an hour but there is an outside area to wait and have a glass of wine!
Well worth the wait, just wish they would offer some more reasonable wines!