“Excellent Neapolitan Pie in San Antonio”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Reserve with OpenTable
Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown Loop
Description: Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is an authentic Neapolitan Pizzeria featuring two ovens that cook your pizza at 900 degrees + in 90 seconds! We make our own fresh Mozzarella daily. We source as many of our products as possible from local farmers and import most items from Italy. We offer patio seating, inside dining room seating and seating around our pizza bar and wine bar. Our coffee, Kimbo Coffee, is imported from Naples, Italy. We offer an all-Italian wine list and craft beers. Our menu changes seasonally to make sure we are offering the freshest, in season products as possible. Dough Pizzeria Napoletana San Antonio is located less than 10 minutes from the San Antonio International Airport-convenient for both business and pleasure travelers. We are also located in Plano, Texas and are working on our newest location, in Downtown/Southtown area of San Antonio, walking distance from both the Riverwalk and the Henry B. Gonzalez convention center-due to open in January 2018!
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I previously visited in March, but didn't actually eat any pizza since I was watching my carb intake. I love pizza and I was in a position to cheat with a carb overload. Fresh cheese offerings such as Burrata with heirloom tomatoes looked great, but I was traveling solo on business and indulged on a margherita pizza. It was delicious and was quite fun sitting at the bar watching the pizzas be made while I drank some nice wine and ate mine. I would highly recommend this place, but beware it seems to stay very busy. San Marzano tomato sauce and double 00 flour make a proper pizza!

There are newer reviews for Dough Pizzeria Napoletana

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great service, wonderful Pizza and a great salad. Enjoyed the live entertainment pre dinner. The Pizza sauce and cheese was so fresh and tasty. Yum!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Arrived Sat night at 6:00, we had a large group of 13, we were told one hour wait. Outside was the only place to wait and it was unbearably hot. We left and went to Target to wait. Arrived back after one hour and waited another hour and a half, for a total of 2 1/2 hours. I could not decide if I wanted inside or out because they were equally hot. Finally got seated and placed our orders.
The ingredients on the pizza were very good, the pizza crust was not crisp very limp and the size was very small. Amazing what can happen when these restaurants are put on HGTV and Food TV, we all want to go and I am glad I did. But I will not go back, it was just too uncomfortable and the food was just okay.

2  Thank Cecilia1012
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great food, always a wait for a table but well worth it. Can't miss with any entree.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Dough pizzeria was such a fun experience. Our server was so adorable and she seemed genuinely interested in chatting while keeping track of her tables and making sure everyone was happy. The owner stopped by our table to see if were were enjoying our meal and experience - yes really! The burrata was sooooo good. I will be finding a restaurant in my city that serves this dish. I wish we had this place in our city!