“One time visit only”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating
Houston, Texas
“One time visit only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This restaurant is only good for one visit. Some of their food stuff were not hot, late service, silverware were not clean, not a good ambiance, overall poor rating, but not terrible because some of their food was good.

• Visited November 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“I Am An Addict!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I love Indian food and I only go to 2 restaraunts in SA. The other place is very good, but what I would consider to be "kid friendly". Sarovar, however is my 1st choice if I am having an "adult only" meal.
The spiciness is why I am an addict. They do not seem to tone down the heat to accomodate the american palate and I just CANNOT get enough. This place is always full of flavor and seems to be authentic. On many occassions most of the tables are filled with Indian families - so I figure it must be pretty authentic.
Yes, the service leaves a lot to be desired, but it's a buffet anyway, so it does not really matter.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank esstrojenny
Missouri City, Texas
“Disappointment if you order parathas - dosas are okay.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went there because we could not find Madras Pavilion. My family ordered for Dosas and they got something close to what they expected. I ordered for Cauliflower Paratha and Bhindi Masala and both were terrible. The Paratha was not cooked properly and was too salty. It was like someone was learning to cook. I would not come back again but if for some reason I end up here would probably order Dosas only.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chandra R
Austin, Texas
“If you are an Indian, please do not go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I went to Sarovar (San Antonio) with my family yesterday, I regret that why did I take my family there. The manager was kind a racist. He did not attend us nicely, he made us wait long for food until finally we got up tired of waiting and left paying only 2 dishes out of 4 dishes. But another 3 tables of Hispanic and white people, he checked them every 5-7 mins asking for food, need, and services. We observed that for 30-45 mins, then we realized that what was going on. We all felt very bad that the manager himself an Indian and he runs a restaurant, he not supposed to do that. On our wayout, we told him that what we felt about his attitude and racism, and he started giving us an rude and inprofessional explanations. For me I even dont want to give him any rating, but I dont want other Indians feels same way like we did. Last but not least, if you are a white or non-indian, the manager is perfect "butt kisser" to get more tips. Sorry but no indian or any body should be treated like this. In US, Indian hates indians, dont know why????

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Patrikpol
San Antonio, Texas
“Very good weekend buffet serving south (and north) indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I visit this restaurant quite often for the weekend buffet. I have found the staff polite (if a bit slow sometimes), and the food to be a very good value. I especially like the goat curry and butter chicken. You also get Indian desserts..Mango Lassi, Double Ka Meeta (Indian "bread pudding"). Super good. This is primarily a South Indian restaurant, covering most of the standard South Indian. I can highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013