“Awesome place for birthdays and fun”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #190 of 4,633 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
texas
“Awesome place for birthdays and fun”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Excellent food and service. We had a birthday party there and it was wonderful. The food and atmosphere was just the best and the kids want to spend all of their birthdays there.

We did buy the birthday package and every child received a safari party had and a bag of goodies. We had a paddle ball game for the kids and the best part in addition to everything...it is all included. Plus, our little one received a free birthday dessert and everyone came out and sang thier birthday song. (the pictures are hilarious!)

The food, drinks, toys and fun were all included in one price...oh the tip was also included for the 12.99 they gave us the invitations to send out and I must admit, they were very special. I had other parents comment to us that this was much better than the pizza place we went to last year.

I read the review from the other person and am not sure if they feel that getting entrees, birthday hats, toys for every child at the party, invitations, free birthday dessert for our little one and have the tax and tip all included???? You can't eat at a fast food place and have this much fun and pay so little.

We loved it and it was worth the 40 minute drive. I just didn't like the city parking and the one way streets.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place for kids. It...”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Great place for kids. It is not a cheap place and really should be a once in a while special treat. But the place is COOL!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food isn't interesting or unique. You can get this stuff anywhere.”
Reviewed August 8, 2008

The food isn't interesting or unique. You can get this stuff anywhere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Pricey food, not great quality, very noisy, child friendly. Better off going to the zoo.”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

austin
“A Disappointment!”
Reviewed June 8, 2008

My husband and I were very excited to take our children to SA for our oldest son's 8th birthday. I made reservations at Rainforest Cafe. After seeing a movie at Imax we walked over to the restaurant. I was told that they 'lost' our reservations but would get us seated. I told them that I had arranged to have the birthday party packages for the 3kids.
The party packages are a joke. It was $12.99/child which covered their meal, a plastic hat, 3 toys that broke quickly, and an ice cream sundae. I could've saved $7/child if we just got their meals. The toys broke, the hats were crap, and they wanted a volcano cake instead of the sundae. That cake was an extra $12 and of course there was no discount for not getting the sundaes.
The food was gross! The service was horrible! When our appetizer came the waitress offered to bring extra plates. By the time she finally made it to the table w/ the plates the food was gone. We had decided to order another appetizer since the meal was taking so long. But, the waitress dropped off the plates as she ran by and we didn't get a chance to ask.
We only saw the waitress when she had to bring something to the table.
Even the volcano cake was a disappointment! We've been to other Rainforest cafe's and this place just sucked! They didn't even have a sparkler in the cake as advertised. There was a plastic silver thing stuck in there.

Horrible!