“Great time”

Ranked #302 of 4,915 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We went here on our last night in San Antonio. I must say we had fun. The food was good and there was a lot of choices. We had a wonderful waiter, Adrian, loved him! For being two adults with no kids, we couldn't stop laughing when the animals woke up and did their thing. The kids that were around us, were in awe of them.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Been to rainforest cafe several times, several cities including San Antonio, over the years. Food is better than bar food, if not I want to go to YOUR bar. Ambiance is great animated jungle animals reminiscent of Disney. The rainstorms can be loud, especially for younger kids. Service adequate never fast but unless it is high season it's easy to wander around. The only negative, they no longer use a sparkler ontop of volcano dessert. So to me no longer worth the hefty price tag. Otherwise it's a nice change from standard restaurants. The salt water tanks are amazing!!! It's all about ambiance.

1  Thank TripDoc46
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The location is really beautiful, right on the River Walk. It was a bit difficult to actually enter the restaurant from the street above. My son is on crutches and couldn't maneuver the stairs leading down to the main entrance on the River Walk, so we had to enter on the street level and take an elevator down. We had to call the restaurant and wait and wait and wait while someone was supposed to come up to the street entrance to let us in. After waiting for a while no one showed up, so we had to call again. The nice man on the phone came up personally to let us in. The decor is like most Rainforest Cafes, it's like you're in a jungle and all the adorable jungle creatures come to "life" and preform about every 15 mins or so. The food was good. I had a chicken salad sandwich and my son had the kid's burger & fries. They had some pretty awesome strawberry lemonade. The service was very friendly & fast.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It a fun environment and the food is good. Located right on the river walk. Great service. Not much veg food available.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We walked in with no reservation, that's a first! The service was amazing, our group had 2 recent USAF graduates and I feel that added to the amazing service. They took a group photo and it was CHEAP I paid 30 for 6! I know it's a cheesy photo but it was super affordable and will hold that memory in place forever.

Our server was attentative, the food was good--usually is.