“cool place”

Ranked #203 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

the atmosphere is awesome for young children, our kiddos dug it. the food and drinks are a bit on the pricey side but worth it at least once. had the fish and chips which were good, our mixed drinks were great! my two year old niece loved the fish aquariums and thought the mechanical gorillas were waving at her, it was too cute.

1  Thank MystikalRiddle
There are newer reviews for Rainforest Cafe

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My daughter still wants to go to Rainforest when we go to San Antonio! (and she's 20!) We took the whole family...(grown)kids and grand kids(toddlers) The grand kids loved the fish aquariums as much as the rainforest decor.(my 21 month old grand kid actually got scared when the animals started moving, so if you have a timid child, be aware they might be frightened at first) The food is average...but the Volcano-wow! If you love chocolate-you must try it. I wonder if we go just to get dessert instead of food! I want to say there are 3 floors to this restaurant even though we have never been past the second.There is an elevator so you don't have to walk up all those stairs.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited when I found out there was a Rainforest Cafe on the Riverwalk. I loved going to these when I was little because of the cool decorations, the animals, the atmosphere and the good food. Everything was the exact same from when I was little! Good food and fun atmosphere! Wish there were more of these around still!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We come to this rainforest cafe at least twice a month and we always enjoy it. Since we are landry's select club members, we always get seated right away AND receive discounts with our earned points! The service is ALWAYS excellent. I love how friendly the staff is, especially with the kids. The food comes out in a timely manner considering the kitchen is on the second floor! I've grown fond of the amazon feast and taste of the islands. The waiter is always full of helpful recommendations that never disappoint. I really enjoy having a nice meal with the family in the rainforest where the kids have fun and the food/service is always wonderful.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The whole place is decorated to resemble the rain forest complete with monkeys dangling from the trees and animal noises surrounding you. It felt like we were inside a ride at Disney. Fun for children, no doubt.

The food was average fast food type fare - lots of carbs and fat.