“Good food, service, atmosphere”

La Frite Belgian Bistro
Ranked #81 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
texas
“Good food, service, atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was one of the best meals we have ever had in SAT and there have been many. It is a must try when you go to the beautiful city.

Visited August 2014

“Great Belgian moules in San Antonio ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a magnificent meal and fantastic service at La Frite. Our server Patrick did an excellent job and made it easy to have a nice dinner with our 2 kids.
The Belgian moules bright back memories from our time in Belgium before we got married and and the frites were nice and crisp. The Belgian beer is served in the correct glasses which was to the amusement of my sons when I ordered the Kwak. I highly recommend the Bavarian moules and the creme brûlée.
Thank you to Patrick for making it a very nice evening.

Everett, Washington
“Affordable Restaurant with Great Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Found this restaurant during our last trip to San Antonio. Very nice location in the King William District. Best parking is in neighborhood which is great for walking after meal. I had the Hanger Steak and was very impressed. Wonderful flavor, cooked to whichever temperature you want. The wait staff was excellent. The helpings were plentiful and just a wonderful experience overall. Would definitely go back on our next trip. Went on a Thursday night, so not very busy, though they take reservations. The hubby had the seafood pastry and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited May 2014
Colleyville, Texas
“Great place to dine in the King William District”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I had lunch there - ham and gruyere crepes and they were wonderful. He even had a pear crepe for dessert and I had chocolate mousse which was the dessert of the day. One of their specialties is mussels, prepared in various sauces. We enjoyed lunch so much, spoke to the owner, had a great waiter (Marco) and decided to return for dinner that night. We each had a huge portion of the mussels and frites. They were great!!! And Marco was our waiter again. Definitely will dine there again during our next trip to San Antonio.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ginger L
AZ
“Great, unexpected treat”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A local took me to La Frite and I loved it. It's a very unassuming little restaurant but with classic Belgian menu. She had the Croque Monsieur and I had the Vol Au Vent, which was really delicious. I wish I'd saved room for dessert!

Visited March 2014