“A touch of Europe in San Antonio!”

La Frite Belgian Bistro
Ranked #98 of 4,648 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Bulverde, Texas, United States
“A touch of Europe in San Antonio!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The daily special is a fantastic bargain. We arrived 30 minutes before lunch service ended and the servers were gracious and kind. My mother and I enjoyed her birthday meal here and can't wait to go back!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andrea S

Grand Prairie, TX
“Love the frites”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I liked the fries so much. The perfect fry really, crispy without being greasy. They had some fancy ketchup that I liked but my husband loved. He had mussels and just loved them also, I had crab crepes which were good. Fresh crab. They had an endive salad that was scrumptious. It was a fun place to visit with great atmosphere and food. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sitkamary
The Woodlands, Texas
“Oh Moules Frites! I love you!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Given the reviews about parking, our party of 11 walked the .7 miles from our hotel room. It was a lovely walk, but I would not do that in July or August for fear of melting! We were seated right away and service was great. Our waiter was patient with us. Most of our party ordered steak and said it was one of the best they'd ever had. Given the chorus of mmmmms.... from our group, I believe them. Forget the steak and crepes, the frites were to DIE FOR! Oh my goodness, so fresh and crisp with this green dipping sauce that made me want to lick the ramekin. I am still dreaming about them. I also ordered mussels, which were somewhat small but yummy.Most melted in my mouth, but a few were just a tad chewy. The broth was incredible. Again, there's me licking the bowl! They had a lovely wine list, and several of our colleagues were impressed with their beer selections. Surprisingly, the entire meal service was pretty quick! We were in and out in an hour. That made my boss happy.
The only miss was the shrimp fritter plate. They had a nice crunch and consistency, but they were basically flavorless. I would not order those again.
We did not have dessert, but I am saving room next time! The meal was higher than average in cost, but well worth it. I will be back!

Culver City, California
“mixed review”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The mussels were awesome, the cheese plate was great, the escargot not to my liking -- a very relaxed atmosphere

Plano, Texas
“Good mussels”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed our recent visit very much. It's a small neighborhood restaurant with very good waitstaff. We had two versions of their mussels, marinieres and basque, and found them to be very delicious. For dessert we shared a baileys cream brulee, which was very good. The only drawback to the restaurant is the that parking can be problematic. You can no longer park at the tire company as stated in their website. You may have to walk a block or more for street parking. The parking should not deter you from enjoying a very good meal.