Tripadvisor

Review of Rio Rio

Rio Rio
Ranked #654 of 5,284 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They upstairs had a funky smells to it. The margaritas were ok but the food was not good. There was not taste to it. Would not recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (183)

Reviewed November 23, 2019

My wife and I had dinner here one night while in San Antonio for our Anniversary. We sat outside, upstairs. The Service was fine. We enjoyed watching the people pass below on the Riverwalk. However, what really blew us away was the quality of the food. I got combo Fajitas, and my wife got soft chicken tacos. The meat was some of the best that I have ever had. We enjoyed the meal.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019

a must-visit while in San Antonio. Try to sit upstairs outside for a good view of the Riverwalk. Great chimichanga. Best Churro I’ve ever had. Fantastic peach margarita. Aimee was our waitress, and she was the best! She was really friendly, good suggestions, and just all-around wonderful (hopefully when I’m back I can be in her section again). Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

Place was slow and unorganized. Skinny margarita was $28 and not very good. Never actually ate because they told us to wait inside at the bar and they would come and get us for an outside seating spot. 45 minutes, one $28 margarita, and a $7.50 16 0z. beer later we went out to check and they forgot our reservation. Guy behind was told the same thing. Poor guy is probably still there waiting. Republic of Texas next door is much better.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

Service was really slow. Margaritas were good (had a frozen prickly pear delicious, frozen mango good too). Chips and salsa were great - a garlic heavy green/white salsa with light crispy tortilla chips. Food was just meh. Had chilaquiles - not like chilaquiles I’ve had other places.

Date of visit: October 2019