“Best Philly Cheesesteaks in SA!”

Wiseguys A Chicago Eatery
Ranked #448 of 4,939 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

I love Philly Cheesesteaks and have tried them all over Austin and San Antonio. Wise Guys is the best! I love everything about the sandwich especially the fresh tasty bread! I eat here at least twice a week and recommend that everyone try this place at least once. Great food! Great service!

2  Thank Smith S
3WiseguysLLC, Guest Relations Manager at Wiseguys A Chicago Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

again, big words, love it! thanks for the great review

Reviewed May 6, 2015

Well, not exactly because this guy has a Chicago accent and his menu is shifted slightly toward the Windy City. Boston Subworks' former GM Dave is behind the counter here so many of their old-time customers will feel right at home.
Bill is the Chicago guy from Wise Guys and he's a very friendly fellow.
He has an amazing menu and good prices. The place is like the old one but on steroids, it looks great.
My problem is with their Philly Cheesesteak. It's fine as they go, but I'm a serious grinding Philly fanatic so Bill's place should be at least a four here, but I'm downgrading for; no Provolone cheese,
a soggy roll, green bell peppers vs spicy, onions under-cooked, and less steak meat than expected.
This is still a fine sandwich, but the next time I stop by I'm going to get a Tuna Hoagie or maybe
a meatball Sub.
They made a Philly chicken wrap for my wife that she loved and the French Fries are first team and hand cut.
Their service was fast and friendly and I will be back, but not for a cheesesteak.

2  Thank bobemac

thanks for your review look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2015

I have had their cheesesteak sandwich and their chicken sandwich - they were delicious!

We stumbled upon this place a few weeks ago and then returned the following week. The fir time we shared a cheese steak sandwich. There was plenty of sandwich for both of us. The fries were 'homemade' style and tasted like I had made them at home.

The chicken sandwich had a very good flavor - not dried out, over cooked chicken. It was juicy and tasty.

Next time we are trying the hot dog.... not usually a hot dog fan, but I've got to give them a chance! The place is large and comfortable - 2 televisions were on, but they were not very loud. We were able to sit and relax while we enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank Robert M

thanks for your great review, what could we have done to make it a perfect score?

Reviewed February 8, 2015

My family and I eat here at least once a week. Usually three times a week. The employees make you feel welcomed and like you're family. Love the Al Capone sandwich and my wife loves the Marilyn Monroe sandwich. The Pizza Puffs remind me of my time in Chicago. I am glad more northern food styles are coming to San Antonio. Great food and great service. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank fashionphotographer1

this is a great review, thanks for coming in and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2015

Me and my wife like trying new places especially in the neighborhood. We finally had a chance to stop by Wiseguys A Chicago Eatery. First thing I saw when I pulled up was the large TV screen inside with sports on. Now that's a plus from the start for me. Walked in the door and the place was spotless 2nd big plus. We walked up to the counter to order and the very large menu was very easy to read 3rd plus. Now for the only down fall we waited for what seem like 15 minutes before anyone came out to take are order, it was really only about 5 minutes in real time. We were in no hurry since it was are first time there and we were not leaving without trying something on the menu. We both saw about 4 different things we wanted to try. As luck would have it by the time we had made up are minds on what to have, out came a nice person to take our order. Price for the meals was very reasonable and tasted better than a lot of higher priced dishes I've had. The staff was very nice and polite to us and apologized for making us wait to order. The food came out quick and was very good. Wife had the Meatball sandwich and I had the Soprano (Chicken parmesan sandwich) both were very good. And now for the best part; they brought us a slice of cheesecake drizzled with chocolate that also was very good. Keep up the good work. We will be back soon.

2  Thank SpursSA

thanks for the great review, hope to see you in again soon