“Wow just wow”
Review of Victorino's - CLOSED

Victorino's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I went here because I live in the area so I thought I'd give it a shot.
As I enter there is 1 table occupied with 2 ladies and 2 children and that is it...the decor is all Mexican as it used to be a Mexican restaurant...but that doesn't really matter.

I see the other table ordering their food, the waiter is constantly going back to the chef and asking if they can do what the guest is requesting ...he comes and takes my order...I ordered lasagna.
Explain to me why 2 minutes and I am not exaggerating here...2 minutes later they are delivering my lasagna to the only other table there...
I am no expert but I make a decent lasagna myself...I know how long it takes to COOK a lasagna...I know how long it takes to heat up Stauffers as well!

They continued messing up the other tables order...

The best thing I ate there was the garlic bread...but that's not enough to get me to go back

Buyer beware

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I ordered manicotti and my husband ordered the tortellini Alfredo after being told that the restaurant did not offer any pesto sauce dishes. We were excited to try this place because it's so close to our home but I won't be back. When we walked in it looks like a Mexican restaurant and it has an odd smell. The first table we chose had a very filthy cloth tablecloth: stains and crumbs all over it. The 2nd table was much better and our very nice waiter, Louis, came straight over to take our drink orders. He also quickly brought bread that was tasty, but didn't seem freshly made. It seemed like frozen rolls that had been cut in half and then buttered. The salads were next and so boring! They were coated with a dressing that was watery with a cloudy white substance in it and had no flavor. Neither of us ate our salads. My manicotti was edible but the tomato sauce just tasted like tomatoes and salt. My husband and I both liked the Alfredo tortellini much more.The sauce reminded us of white "country" gravy - which was different, but tasty. Prices were sort of high. All meatless dishes were between $9-$12, dishes with meat started at $12.50, with most being $15.50. This wouldn't be high at a nice restaurant, but this place is a bit of a dump. Overall I'd say save yourself a trip, but here are the pros: kind/attentive waiter, fast service, tasty Alfredo.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Recently ate dinner at this restaurant which is by far one of the best Italian restaurants in San Antonio. The service was great and the food was “oh so good.” We were immediately seated and offered drinks. As a new restaurant they are still waiting for their liquor license but both the sweet and unsweet iced tea was very good. Our waiter was attentive but not over bearing. The menu offered a large variety of options. All sauces are made from scratch but there was no real delay as the food was prepared. We tried a variety of pasta dishes and each was done to perfection. One thing that caught my attention was the use of the right ingredients—for instance, ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. The bill for three was right at $40 and was worth every penny. My only criticism is the artwork on the walls. This must have previously been a Mexican restaurant. There are a few Italian pieces but most are of Hispanic origin. To capture the right atmosphere I hope they take the time to get this right. Regardless, we will be back!