“Almond croissant”

La Panaderia
Ranked #3 of 165 Quick Bites in San Antonio
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Bread Cultura. All our food revolves around 48 hour Long-Cultured Pan Dulce and Pan ArteSano. These are delicious pastries and bread which makes our sandwiches extraordinary. Come see our open bakery artisans crafting your bread. This is how bread was made before industrialization. It truly tastes like 1950s Mexico.
Reviewed December 26, 2017

My wife and I stopped in the afternoon for coffee. I noticed the almond croissant at the counter and ordered one. It was great. The coffee was very good.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

This was a wonderful surprise! My husband and I were looking for a place that had dessert. As we were trying to decide if we would stay the owner came up to us and explained that they had some almond tequila croissants in the oven.They were to die for! Apparently Guy Ritchie had come a couple days before and created a few new recipes for them. We were not disappointed And look forward to coming back!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

What more could you want from a sandwich? Fresh beards, fresh ingredients, ampule amounts....and they offer soup or salad on the side...and you get a little pastry for a desert!!!! If you get it to go it is neatly packed in a little bag with all the things you need to eat on the run in the bag. Everyone who works there is also happy to explain in detail what al the different pastry are and all the different ingredients in each thing they make. Its just great.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

Don’t miss this place when you go to San Antonio. I’m sorry I didn’t go here until the last day of our trip. The pastries were AWESOME. Did you here me, I said they were Awesome. They were putting out the desserts when we were leaving so I didn’t get to taste them, dam it I need to go back. I can’t wait.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

When you walk in it's got a large open concept, hip, and rustic feel. Mason jars, communal long tables, larger party rounds, and coffee shop style individual tables as well as two large red couches. Fresh bread, pastries and desserts from the bakery. All looked delectable.

We came for breakfast and got avocado toast. Presentation was great, to large pieces of fresh toast that fill a small cast iron. I got on top the extra sunny side up egg. The cast iron is served on top of a metal tray which doesn't seem necessary but I can see where the chef may be going with that idea.

We ended up going back that evening to pick up some croissants and desserts. The almond croissant with cheese filling was so amazing! Big, flaky, and not too sweet. We went back the very next day to get another for our breakfast the next day!

For dessert we got a little donut resting on a biscuit/thin cookie (depending on where you're from). The donut was filled with a cream and had a caramel glazed. So good.

I love this place so much I went back everyday for a different dessert and pastry.

I also got a sandwich and soup - very good! All amazing! And service is fantastic!!!!

I was so sad to leave San Antonio as I'll miss this place - got a tequila almond croissant for the flight home!

Date of visit: November 2017