“Great stay”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #138 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights because I was getting married in San Antonio. The hotel is a great stay for parties because there are so many places people can sit and enjoy each others company in peace.

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed the free beer/wine at night and the awesome breakfast in the AM.

The hotel is starting to show it's age in some of the rooms. Also, some of the rooms are smaller than the others, so ask accordingly.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger size room (some of the rooms are smaller compared to other rooms of the same name.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay.We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you like to go to sleep listening to a barking dog, stay at this
TownePlace Suites, near USAA headquarters in San Antonio.
Despite a "Pet Policy" information guide left at the Front Desk
that stated: "Pets are Not Allowed to disturb other guests at any time"
this is not enforced.
The result: I checked out of this Marriott as fast as I could,
after a staff member said I should move to another room,
Unacceptable. There are better hotels in the neighborhood.
So much for having "Elite" status with the Marriott group.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment on your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding this issue. We appreciate all feedback and I apologize for the lack of detail in this matter.We will address the issues you experienced and continue to monitor our progress to get us to a level of service excellence for every guest every day. If I can be of further assistance please contact me

Sincerely!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and were satisfied with everything at the hotel. The room was sufficient for needs as we were touring the area most of the time.

Although functional I was not impressed with the equipment in the gym, I prefer and elliptical but they do not have one. The readout on the bike was damaged s it was hard to pay see the status of my workout. The gym was fine, just not the level I am used to.

The only issue in the room was the dishwasher. the water must be very hard in San Antonio as the dishes had scales. A bit if descaler would do the trick. Drinking out of the glasses was not pleasant.

I would recommend this hotel, it was close to the highway, reasonably priced and good value. They also had a decent breakfast from the looks of it, I did not eat anything except yogurt and cereal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your experience. We appreciate both positive and negative reviews. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction and I’m sorry that wasn’t the case on this trip.We want our guests to have the best stay possible on every visit. I will review your comments with my team and make the corrections. If I can be of any further assistance on a future trip please contact me.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I tried to write this review before, did not preview it, so somehow did not seem special. It is a very nice property - the pool area with grill and waterfalls is very nice. The full breakfast and the social hour - Mon - Thur was really great for us - beer/wine, salad and pasta. We had been driving all day and did not want to get out in traffic again so we took full advantage of the social hour. The queen suite is very small, tho no wasted space and we heated up a meal in the small kitchen area one night. There are lots of restaurants near by, so if you don't want the social hour or didn't bring something to heat up, you could walk to a couple restaurants. We love to have a refrig with freezer as we are usually doing picinics on our trips - this trip we were going to several state parks somewhat near. We were on the first floor facing a busy street but did not hear any noise, tho we are not good sleepers. We would stay in this property again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed at TownePlace for 20 continuous days and I am thoroughly impressed with their hospitality. It is a nice quite place with very friendly staff.
Complementary breakfast and evening snacks is a big plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for recognizing the great level of service provided by our staff, we take great pride in our associates. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again.If I can be of further assistance please contact me

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently stayed here over the weekend, it was a great experience. We arrived earlier than expected to San Antonio, around 10am way before the 3pm check in. Norma was amazing; she had a room ready for us immediately. Our room was spacious and very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was very quiet. There was a outdoor pool, that we enjoyed as well. In the morning we had the complimentary breakfast, there was a ton of people eating but the staff managed to keep up, and the food was also good quality. Overall our stay was wonderful; the staff and hotel was fantastic and we will definitely come back and stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property and staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.) Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property and staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I took a quick get away here to San Antonio to see the famed Riverwalk for ourselves. I must say that I was impressed by this hotel, from the decor to how it is located just off the beaten path away from any congestion and noise that being near the Riverwalk would bring. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Cammyspot,

Thank you for stay with us iin your recent visit to San Antonio and for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our biggest concern and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the stay and your visit to the RiverWalk.

I'm looking to having another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Sincerely!