“Absolutely pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #138 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Absolutely pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the TownePlace Suites San Antonio NW from 1 to 8 April, and our in-laws were there from 1-12 April 2013. We were very, very pleased with our stay; we enjoyed the big rooms and the kitchenettes, the breakfasts were great, but the shining star of this establishment is easily the staff. We were continuously impressed with the level of dedication these professionals showed in taking care of the smallest of requests.

We flew in from Germany and had a surprise party for our son. We needed help with reserving the outside area for the party and the front desk, kitchen and janitorial staff all pitched in to make the party a success.

The pool's heater was out and the laundry room needed service (technicians arrived the day after we found it lacking), but these minor deficiencies were easy to forgive due to the staff's great service and attitude. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RJJJM
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear RJJM,

Thank you for stay with us in your recent visit to San Antonio and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that we exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed the stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges with the pool and the guest laundry and thank you for let us know.

Siscerely!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been staying at TownPlace Suites by Marriott on Prue Road, off and on, for almost six months. I work in the Oil and Gas Industry and needed a place to base my work out of. The hotel is conveniently located just off of Interstate 10 and only a few miles outside the 410 Loop. My work commute takes me mostly south, but the few additional miles of travel are worth it because of the number of nearby and easily accessible "good" restaurants, shopping areas including La Canterra (don't miss Grimald's Pizza), movie theaters, golf courses and other entertainment options. Like I said, "Nice Place to Live", because I am checked into the hotel 24/7 and it has become somewhat a home away from home. The staff at TownPlace are very helpful and accommodating. They appear to go out of there way to assist us if necessary. Gold's Gym is located across the street and although I don't use it as I should (because I rather play golf and eat than work out!!??), the hotel has a deal worked out with them to use it anytime at no additional charge!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear 591Mark591,

Thank you for stay with us and be part of our TownePlace Suites SA NW family for the last six month. We appriciate your business and your loyalty with Marriott also I wolud like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is very important for us.

I'm glad that the hotel and the staff exceed your expectations, our biggest concern is the customer service and provide a problem free stay to all of our guest.

Sincerely!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been doing oil and gas work in the San Antonio, Texas area for over one and one half years and I have been staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott for the entire time of my stay. It has become my "home away from home"!!! Not only is the hotel comfortable, clean and cozy, the staff are equally as accommodating, anxious to assist and all around awesome!!! The hotel location is close to numerous restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, great retail shopping (including the wonderful "La Cantera Open Air Shopping Mall"), golf courses, movie theaters, Fiesta Texas Amusement Park, and is also convenient to the Medical Center of San Antonio, if you are ailing. It is very close to the Premium Outlet located in nearby San Marcos, Texas and also close to the San Antonio International Airport.

Dear VickiM978,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is very important to us. We are glad to hear that the hotel become your home away from home and that the staff has been all around awesome, also I would like to thank you for stay with us and be part of our TownePlace Suites family for this year and a half. We appriciate your business and your loyalty with us.

Sincerely!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have stayed here for over a year...found the staff to be kind and helpful. Rooms are good size and includes fridge, dishwasher, and cook top. Location of hotel is great. Easy access to best parts of San Antonio. Newest shopping, Six Flags, good restaurants, golf courses, and both interstate loops only a couple minutes away. Value for the money is outstanding.

Hot breakfast (every day) and Dinner (Monday-Thursday) is included. While not great food, it is satisfactory.

Will stay here again if back in San Antonio.

Dear TylerE930,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for be part of our TownePlace Suites SA NW family.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended by a friend, and he wasn't wrong - great customer service, great breakfast, loved the kitchen very practible when traveling with kids. It was like an oasis after a long day of sightseeing, definitely staying again next time we're in San Antonio.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward J, Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Pitomostro,

Thank you for stay with us is your recent visit to San Antonio and for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, I'm glad did you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the near future and we can provide a good customer services to you and your family again.

Sincerly
Pharr, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay at the TownPlace Suites San Antonio Northwest anytime we are in San Antonio. You can't go wrong when you stay at a Marriott. The hotel is clean and has a nice spacious lobby and breakfast area. Good variety of breakfast items including waffles, eggs, fruit, cereal, etc. Coffee and tea available 24/7. The pool is super clean. The rooms are beautiful and have a kitchenette and refrigerator. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating to their guests. The last time we were at the hotel, Edward, the general manager, heard we wanted to go to Fiesta Texas and gave us 1/2 price coupons, courtesy of the hotel. The location of the hotel to shopping is excellent. Less than 15 minutes to La Cantera or the shops at The Rim. Lots of restaurants nearby. Love this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Sylvia,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for always stay with us when you are in San Antonio, I'm glad did you enjoyed Six Flags Fiesta Texas and our amenities at the hotel.

I look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Made reservations online. Called a week before arrival to ask about adjoining rooms. Amanda answered the phone and after I asked she said "You will need to hold". I waited for over 17 minutes on hold before she returned. I had to ask my question again and was told she would put it in the computer but could not promise it would happen. Which I understand, but her tone after 17 minutes of hold was very short.

Upon arrival the first impression of the room was horrible. The carpet was very dirty with two very large stains, accompanied by numerous smaller stains. I made my toddlers wear shoes the entire time we were in the room except to sleep.

The bathroom looked okay but the toilet backed up on the first flush. We had arrived lated due to a 12 hour drive so we decided since it did not run over, we would deal with it in the morning. The room had one king bed, and another sofa bed. We found the bag of bedding in the closet and went to make the sofa bed, but the sheets were missing. I called the front desk to ask for sheets and waited for 20 minutes before someone arrived at the door with sheets.

The following morning my wife got up to take a shower. The tub filled with water and would not drain. The towel she grabbed to dry off with had 2 long hairs that were folded up inside the towel. I contacted the front desk and told them we were leaving for breakfast and explained the issues. I was told the clogged tub and shower would be fixed before we returned, which they were but nothing had been cleaned. There was ring marks around the drain of the shower where you could see that they used a plunger to unstick the clog.

The hotel website makes a claim of a heated pool. The pool was extremely cold and dirty. Not just dirty from stuff that had blown into the pool but looked like it had something growing on the surface under the water. Asked the front desk and she rudely stated that the pool was heated to 80 degrees, but if we didn't like it we could use the pool across the street at the Golds Gym for free. Instead of admitting there was an issue with their pool and closing it, they just set up an arrangement to use another pool. This did not work for us because we were traveling with toddlers and the setup of the gym did not meet our needs.

Throughout our stay, small issues continued to arise. When brought to the attention of the hotel staff, we were either given some excuse or blown off completely.

The only bright spot of the hotel was the gentleman working the breakfast. He was extremely nice and worked hard to make sure that everyone was taken care of.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children. I know I would not return to this hotel even if I was by myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
.Dear Jason S.,

Thank you for stay with us in your recent visit to San Antonio and for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important and allows us to address any concerns you may have had or experienced and impact our future guests experience.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Please rest assured this is not the service and experience that we strive to deliver. We strive to provide all guests with a problem free experience and are committed to address the challenges mentioned. We have taken further steps with all leadership and staff to address any training concerns and property issues immediately.

I look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the near future and will be available to personally ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at 210-694-5100.

Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.