TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #137 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've reserved rooms over the last 20 yrs & I've only written a review on 1 & it was because of a horrible stay. But I feel compelled to write this one because of the Wonderful experience! This was a leisure trip (family of 4 (2 teenagers) & we stayed for 5 days/4 nights, Mon-Fri. I can't say enough about the the Manager (Edward), Jennifer & the entire staff!! They were all so welcoming & ready to help. Never have we stayed on the 1st floor & I loved it!!! (will ask for the 1st floor all the time now) I was a little leary because of the one bed, but geez it was big enough for my husband, myself & our dtr to sleep on!!! While my son had the sofa bed all to himself. The bathroom was clean & the shower/tub was nice & big! --Loved the mini kitchen & all the amenities. Upon arriving we went to a local store to buy a few things so the kids could munch on during the week stay,(because they're teenagers!!!) in case the breakfast & happy hour were'nt enough. To my surprise & pleasure all the food that was provided was more than enough! We ended up bringing home some of the items we bought! The staff that did the breakfast/dinner/happy hour were great & I want to thank them for all they do! I don't have one complaint about the food! It was all great!!!! The location was great, since we were visiting the Six Flags park. The shuttle service that the hotel provided was excellent. Very prompt!! I Loved everything about this hotel & will stay again. I will also tell Family & Friends! Again, Thanks for making this trip a pleasurable one!!

Room Tip: loved the 1st floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

i65,
I am so glad that your stay with us was memorable enough to write a very positive review. I'm happy you were able to enjoy the breakfast, social hour as well as the shuttle service to Six Flags. I will let the staff know you had a great stay and I hope you are able to stay with us again!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The entrance is a little hard to find but once you get there it is very nice. The front staff was very welcoming. Quiet hotel. Very clean and I am hard to please! Nice bathroom with a good strong shower and nice bath ammenities.

Bonus was the mini kitchen which I did not expect! Has an almost full size fridge, microwave, mini dishwasher and two burner stove.

Comfortable bed.

I was really impressed - very nice for the $$s.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Edward J, Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

CUtraveller-
Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience with our friendly staff. Our houskeepers work hard to make sure every room is clean and I'm glad it met your standards. We hope you can stay with us again soon and thank you again!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Spent short vacations with the family, visiting downtown, Sea World, Zoo, etc. Hotel is in a good location, not so close from highways but also near I-10. Rooms are spacious and clean. Pool is nice and complimentary meals (breakfast and happy hour) are acceptable. I will definitely recommend and stay over again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms were quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your review about the hotel. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy both the breakfast and the complimentary social dinner as well. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you get to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed for business but would recommend this hotel for vacation, leisure, or just to get away. Management was excellent. Service was great. All the personel I met were ready to assist with anything that may be needed. The pool and gym are very nice. The breakfast was abundant and tasty. The variety went from healthy to pure cholesterol for all tastes. ;-) I will go back every chance I have. Special thanks to Edward and Jennifer for making this trip a relaxing business trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in San Antonio and that our staff was able to meet all of your needs. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Nice out door pool and grill area. Clean room. Second time at this place, will go back.

• Stayed: April 2012
Edward J, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

rswilson1844,
Thank you for your response and I'm glad you enjoyed the pool as well as the outdoor grill. We look forward to you staying with us a third time.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights and the entire experience was better than expected. When I checked in there was a glich with AAA's payment to the hotel but the desk staff was extremely helpful and pleasant throughout the entire time it took to get that straightened out. My room was clean and updated. The carpet had a few stains but was in good shape. The happy hour "snacks" was enough for a meal and included wine. Breakfast had more than enough for everyone to choose from. My room was on the front side of the hotel so there was a bit of noise from the truck route on the road next to the hotel but that was primarily during the day. Nights were extremely quiet. The air conditioning/heating unit located below the window, blew air across the top of the bed but I could deflect that with extra pillows so it didn't blow right on me. I would definately stay here again when travelng to San Antonio.

Room Tip: ask for a room to the west or garden area of the hotel for less traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mpswns
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights, while on a business trip. The room was a good size, very comfortable bed and fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen had a full size fridge, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, pots and pans, cutlery, plates, mugs! Hot breakfast was served in the lobby daily, however it always closed up early. If you don't get there early enough, you were left with coffee and a basket of apples. There was a social hour every night (from 5.30) that I did not try, as we had dinner engagements while in town. The hotel also has a pool.
I was surprised that the hotel allowed pets (new to me!) so you may want to note in case of allergies or young kids. I only encountered dogs when the owners were taking them out for their walks- never any pets in the lobby areas. I felt that the cleanliness was not quite up to par. The daily maid service appeared to miss some obvious spots. The hotel got busier later in the week, and I could hear the upstairs guest in the morning.
The WiFi worked well. Plenty of parking. Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business