“Just Like Home!!”

Ranked #138 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, Texas
“Just Like Home!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have never stayed at any hotel where the staff was as friendly as at the TownePlace Suites! They are always ready to assist, and I keep going back! The rooms are very clean and neat, and I have absolutely no concerns when staying there. As I am usually alone, I feel very safe and like I am at home. I have had numerous surgeries in San Antonio, and it is wonderful to have a comforting place to go afterwards.

Really a great place with great people! (And I'd like to transport the bed to my home --- best sleep I ever had!)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank karen w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night as a last-minute option to use my Marriott Rewards points. We had adjoining rooms, and one of the rooms was small as other reviews have stated. We had to move the table in the small room in order to have the adjoining doors open. The other room was an accessible room so it was much larger (but no coffee table in the room). Both rooms had a big fridge, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stovetop. The kitchen was also fully stocked with silverware and plates. The breakfast was great -- good hot options (eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, make-your-own waffles). The staff was friendly -- we were able to check in early so that was a big plus. The hotel was right off I-10 so it was easy to get to, and there are lots of restaurants and other things to do nearby. I would've given this hotel 4 stars but I couldn't because there were stains on the carpet and on the couch in my room. However, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 347 - top floor, quiet and more spacious than the other rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for two nights while we were in the area visiting Sea World. It was an overall decent stay but for a small family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child), our king room was really cramped. We opted for a king room because we needed a foldout bed (which we used for a child) and when it was open, we couldn't maneuver around the room!! The pictures posted for the hotel were a little deceiving as our room was not as "roomy" as those pictures. If we visit the area again and are looking for a mid range priced room for a couple of days, we will probably pick elsewhere as this was just your average stay.

Pros-Good location for Sea World, inside hotel smelled nice (odd fact I know, but it was pleasant), room was clean, pool was nice, breakfast was ok.

Cons-Room was too incredibly small with foldout bed for only 3 people, the evening desk staff was snobby & didn't know much about the hotel or area....although other staff members we encountered seemed nice and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DownhereinTX
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We picked this hotel because it was close to Six Flags and Seaworld. This hotel appears nice at first glance but it's really not. We got the room directly across from the elevators. I heard the dings from the elevator all night long. I didn't complain or change rooms because I used points and we figured they give the bad rooms to the non-paying customers.

Upon entering the room I immediately noticed a clump of hair on the foyer tile so it was obvious they didn't bother vacuuming. But we didn't care too much because after a long day at Six Flags we just wanted a shower. It was 5 pm and there were no towels in the bathroom. Not a one. I called the front desk and they said they would send some up. At 7 pm and still no towels. I called again and they said they were still in the dryer. At 7:30 pm they brought me 2 towels. I told them again that I have zero towels - not even a hand towel and 2 towels won't cut it for 4 people. By 8 pm I had a full set finally.

Next day we went to Seaworld and came back at 6 pm to - surprise - no towels. I called the front desk again and they said they would send some up. Called again at 8 pm and they again said they were still in the dryer but they would add me to the list of rooms that needed towels. I have never stayed at a hotel where they didn't have enough towels. We finally got our towels at 8:30 pm - and of course they were ripped and stained. But they were hot so I knew they just came out of the dryer.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gardeninggal12
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel is perfect! Not a single bad thing to say about it. Looking forward to Visiting soon.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Brittanymarie
Reviewed July 23, 2011

TowneSuites provided my family and I a nice clean room, complete with a small kitchen in the room - cabinets, full refrigerator, stove top, microwave, sink. I thought this was good because other similarly priced rooms we have stayed in had only a mini fridge and a microwave.

We were also really happy with their complete breakfast, including eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, premium coffee cream and other "extras". That makes the room price more of a value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mattjen77
Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed here to watch George Lopez a few blocks down. Got to have our drink on across the street at Tickets, which had great appetizers and drinks. We payed 119 for the weekend, but we got the Queen Bedroom. Came with a kitchen: oven, microwave, dishwasher, gargage disposal, pots and pans... Although, small it was very cute and modern. Huge TV. Walk-in Shower, spacious Restroom with sliding door. Great view down Houston Street. Loved the AC! Would probably pay the extra 10$ for the bigger room. And yes, parking was an extra 24 for Valet, the only downer. Had a great time. Front Desk was very helpful and so were Valet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple