“Got up and left”

Neighborhood: Far North Central
SAN ANTONIO, TX
“Got up and left”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for a light meal on Friday in San Antonio. Probably a mistake, but after pulling into several different parking lots and then back out again, we happened upon the Fish City Grill. Looked like a good compromise as there seem to be no one waiting and there were a couple tables which appeared to be open. Evidently the two tables were not available as we waited about 10-15 minutes for our buzzer to go off. We were seated and the waitstaff was never to be heard from again. No water from the hostess, no I will be with you in moment, no have you been waited on yet. I was mildly amused at how long we could go with no drink order or even a greeting. I asked my daughter if she would be embarrassed to get up and leave. She said no, so we did. We did get a "thank you" as we headed out the door. I am not sure if she was thanking us for leaving or because they assumed we had actually been served. I won't be able to rate the food - but some of it looked good.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DR_DAN2010
Fish_SA, General Manager at Fish City Grill, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize that we are just now getting back to you as we were not aware our business was listed on Trip Advisor. I wanted to extend an offer to get you and your daughter to give us another try at making an excellent dining experience. My email address is Chernandez@fishcitygrill.com. Please respond to me by email and I will send you a little something to get the ball rolling. Thank you, Carlos Hernandez G.M.

Richardson, Texas
“Great seafood”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was visiting San Antonio for Christmas, delitghted to find a Fish City Grill near our hotel. Love the ones in Dalls and this one did not dissapoint. Their fish tacos and Chipotle shrimp tacos are to die for! I have never seen so many shrimp stuffed into a taco shell! I love seafood and would eat it every night, my husband not so much. He was RAVING about the fish tacos! We were there on a Thursday night and surprise, it was half price wine night, woo hoo, got a very nice glass of Malbec for almost nothing and it was a nice counter balance to my tangy chipotle shrimp!

Staff is friendly and attentive, the prices are very reasonable. This is a must, we'll be back next time we're in SA.

• Visited December 2012
San Antonio, TX
“Best fish tacos ever!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We love this little restaurant - they have the best fish tacos ever. We also love the Cobb Salad with Chipotle shrimp. We have been here over 20 tomes and will keep coming back.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great little find.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

So very happy my wife made me come here...don't tell her. Oyster nachos to start very good flavor. I've had crawfish nachos and was expecting similar, they were different but great. Same expectations for the shrimp tacos, I've had before at other places and expecting good, they were better...kinda spicy but don't be scared. Shrimp and grits also a big hit.

Waitress very attentive and nice.

San Antonio, Texas
“Always fantastic”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Have eaten at FCG many times and its always great food and service. My wife and I recently stopped by for a lite lunch, and it was a good choice. We both had the crab bisque and split a peel and eat shrimp. Excellent food and as usual the server could not do enough to make our meal special. The pricing is reasonable for either dinner or lunch! I strongly recommend the fresh fish entrees with some of the specialty sauces. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2011