“Great Restaurant But They Can't Comtrol Loud”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown Broadway
Cross street: Jones Maltsberger Road
Transit: Bus stops on Jones-Maltsberger Road as well as Basse Road.
Description: Fleming's San Antonio, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located near Alamo Heights and the Airport, a few miles from Downtown San Antonio and the River Walk.
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with everything. My steak was perfect, the wine excellent and the service immaculate. I'm downgrading the atmosphere only because the noise caused us to almost shout to have a normal conversation. It's not the fault of the restaurant but rather the rudeness of the customers who have to speak so loudly in a pleasant environment. I will return but next time ask if there might be a quiet corner. I realize this is a very difficult problem for management and in no way intend for this to detract from their otherwise outstanding restaurant.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The time I was there it was just me and my wife. It was very crowed that evening. The Valet Service was no where to be seen. We were seated quickly and prompt service. However they need to seperate large groups from the main floor. There was a very large, loud, drunk table of maybe 20 people in the middle of the place. The wine bottles were too many to count scattered all over the place. The interior was too hot. The service clearly distracted by this large group. I guess that is were the big tip money was that day. The food a bit cold by the time it arrived to us. Nothing special about it with expected fairly good quality. It reminded me of the discription like a poor man's Ruth Chris but with a Bohannan's price tag. Hiow about that music or entertainment? I guess there was but not over the drunks. I would have called it a Roman Orgy but that would be too good. Overall there are far better run steak places with as good and better foods. The term Prime does go with the meats but what about the meet? Is there a Prime ordinary disappontment? Yes there is and it's called Fleming's...

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We ventured over to Flemings when shopping in the Quarry on a Saturday afternoon. No reservation - just popped in and had drinks and apps at the bar. The burger was scrumptious - perfect for early dinner. Wait staff and bartender were very attentive and nice. Great visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Had the pleasure of dining here with friends for New Years Eve. While they were booked all night long, the service and food couldn't have been more wonderful. We come to Flemings as often as possible, whether for their awesome happy hour or celebration dinners, and have ever had anything but the best experience! Highly recommended! Thank you to the wonderful staff and management at Flemings for consistently providing dining perfection!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

A couple friends and I took my wife out for her 9th anniversary of being cancer free to Fleming's. We arrived early, but were able to sit in the foyer and visit. The staff brought us into the dining room ahead of our reservation time and the magic began. We were greeted by a very warm wait staff and were handed a wine list that was on an I-Pad-what fun. We all ordered hor'derves (sp) of French onion soup-which was prepared to perfection. Next the main courses came and each steak was perfect. My prime rib nearly melted in my mouth as I chewed. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming; and, although a bit noisy, we were able to carry on a conversation at our table without raising our voices. The night was wrapped up with a volcano cake and a pecan turtle pie; each was terrific. The overall cost surprised me-it was less than what I expected. My wife received a gift and a $25 coupon because of this being a special night, (Please note, the staff only knew that we were celebrating her and knew nothing else).