“I would definitely come back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Windsor Pointe Hotel & Suites-AT&T Center

BEST WESTERN Windsor Pointe Hotel & Suites-AT&T Center
Ranked #127 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Columbia, South Carolina
“I would definitely come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I actually booked this hotel at the last minute, two days before I arrived for $68 on Internet special. Tripadvisor ranked it as #2 value hotels in this area. So I was nervous yet hopefuls.
Well, I would have to say all expectation are met. I mean I was not expecting a Westin but I was pleasantly surprised.
BTW. The FASTEST WIFI at any hotel I've ever stayed at. AWESOME!
Rooms: neat and clean. One of the chairs has some ink stain but didn't bother me. Clean room. I even looked in the corners of the bathroom-clean haha. Shower head is modern and adjustable, which is a great. TV is huge and up to date- flat screen. My king bed was super comfy. Btw, why are the pillows so small?? I had four but still. Oh! Shower has a tiles wall that is granite looking and looks very classy. Closet, hair dryer, a mini-fridge and a microwave, coffee maker etc. happy to be here.
Pool: it's funny but do not bother. I'm sure it is clean and well maintained. It is just tiny, that's all. My pool at the house is bigger unfortunately. Sorry Best Western.
Breakfast Buffet: I actually enjoyed it. Plenty of bread-products(biscuits, Danish, bagel etc). Two different types of juice. Sausage links/patties, pre-manufactured eggs that I was used to eating at other places. I came down an hour after it started and it was still hot and fresh. Different cereals and Gravy and different condiments. I wish they had some fruits..maybe I just didn't see them.
Service:
I did not have a single problem. Front desk guy was funny and friendly as well as the girl that was here during the morning.
View:
Well one side of the building is Parkin lot(it was neat to be able to keep an eye on my rental car actually) and other side is some construction yard.(ugly but not the hotels fault)
Area:
Any town USA, pretty much. 4-lane road with a median and shops and restaurants around it. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel. There is even a Walmart 7 miles down the road that is actually very nice(I manage one, so believe me when I tell you it's a nice one).
You are about 10-min drive to downtown where Alamo and Riverwalk and etc. I like the fact that it was close enough yet far away enough so I didn't have to worry about parking and gas stations and whatnot. If I needed something it was a ten minute drive to the hotel like I said.

Conclusion:
Yep this might be the hotel for me for San Antonio. I drive around a lot in three days I was here so I feel like I know the area already. No way I would stay at hotels downtown unless I just wanted to blow money and pay for parking on top of that.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheChwlee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of this October 2013 when I went to Fort Sam Houston with two of my Soldiers to visit my wounded Soldier. I booked this hotel for two rooms becasue it is very close to the base. It's nice and I enjoyed my stay. However, the management should concern these issues:

1. First of all, I'm a Platinum Elite membership. The benefits I should have is "Welcome snack and beverage OR 250 bonus points". However, at the time I checked in the receptionist ignored my benefit intently. I just firgured out when a customer came after me was offered a snack and a bottle of water. In fact, snack and water are just a little thing but Best Western did not give me they suppose to do. In this case, I wonder I was treated differently because I'm not a native Ameican or because I was in the Service Uniforms at that time.

2. Secondly, the bathtub was very slippery. This may cause the hotel troubles if someones fall down.

3. The breakfast was not impressive because there were no fruits, no milk as other Best Western hotels I had stayed before.

4. At the time to check out, the receptionist, who was not in uniform so I couldn't recognize her name, did not give me a eye-contact when handing me the receipt because her eyes were stuck on the television. Worstly, there were no traditional greetings such as "Goodmorning" or "Thank you" or "See you again". American culture should be maintained even though we are in global business.

Overall, the hotel was great for me, but some little things made it lose 5 stars. After leaving the hotel, I've been questioning myself whether I should stick with Best Western hotel chain or should I switch to another such as La Quinta Inn or Holiday Inn or other Best Western's rivals when Best Western services and its promisses to customers are not preserved at some hotels in its chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank InandOut21
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I would definitely recommend the Windsor Pointe Suites to anyone visiting Military family at Fort Sam Houston. It is very convienent to the base and an excellent hotel, clean comfortable with a wonderful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Of all the I have stayed in, this was the cleanest, The beds were super comfy; the Internet speed was fast; An extra plus was the friendly and helpful staff. also loved how close it was to downtown I will definitely stay here again when I return to san atnonio.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stop sending me emails about your stupid surveys, if you didn't send me 4 reminders to do your little survey you might of actually gotten a review. Regardless, I was not confident my vehicle was safe at this location, the vending machine's goods were melted, and the staff wasnt very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Garrettrobert C
Yukon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. Friendly Staff. Clean Rooms. Great rates. Very good breakfast until 9am. Easy access to I-35. There are a number of fast food restaurants near by as well as a cracker barrel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank John L
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I always stay here when I come in for Spurs games. I always have great service the room is always clean and I enjoy the close proximity to everywhere I needed to be esp the ATT CENTER I dont think there is another hotel that is as reasonably priced that can offer you as much friendliness, quick response to any problems you may have at the hotel, and also the great continental breakfasts they have, this is the only place I stay when I come to town. I spent quite a bit of time with the Spurs having been in the playoffs, and cannot even complain about this great hotel, am looking forward to basketball season starting again and I will be going there for my stays.

Room Tip: room 317,413