Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center
$189
$180
$373
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$259
$239
$289
JW Marriott
$219
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewssunset stationalamo domestay bridgesocial hourthe river walkconvention centerextended staysmall kitchenwashers and dryersshort walkfull kitchenweek staylaundry roomrooms are greatspent two nightsalamo bowlsized bed
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been here since May with military training and have to say this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Gabe, Celest, and Kaeley aee wonderful individuals that put up with my ramblings at times as I don't have local friends, being from Colorado Springs. They have all made my stay here wonderful and actually memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013
German O, Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

We just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much we appreciate your business and positive comments. We really value you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. It's customers like you that make this business worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here four nights, and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was very nice-2 TVs and plenty of room. The breakfast was very good and well stocked. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the riverwalk. There is only one restaurant next to the hotel-Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (which was wonderful).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa E, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Downtown Convention Center for your recent stay in San Antonio and taking the time to write a review. It is always great to hear positive feedback. We will share your review with our staff. And again, Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family has stayed here twice. It's a great hotel in a great location. It appears the management is pretty attentive, as we did report some problems to management after a large group was in the area and mgmt acted on it fairly quick. Both stays, the pool is fairly attended to - could be better. The rooms have been nice, but small for a suite. We truly enjoy the kitchenettes. Both stays, the breakfast did not open up early enough on the weekend for us to eat before our event - the breakfast grab bags were inadequate - so we had breakfast in the kitchenette instead. We do like the hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Staybridge Suites Downtown Convention Center. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback from our recent guests. We will share your comments with our staff, and again, Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in San Antonio.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I arrived I was taken aback by the location of the hotel. Its on the Eastside of I37 which is an area of redevelopment, only its not working. Bad neighborhood...take it from this police officer. Sketchy people...i'll get into that in a minute. was placed in Rm.610. Immediately it was apparent that the 12th floor wasn't the only smoking floor. The problem is the exhaust in the bathrooms work on negative pressure. This leaves copious amounts of smoke to creep into your room from smoking rooms through the vents, especially at night. It was unbearable. I asked for a different room thinking it my be my neighbor...no such luck, same result. I was scheduled to stay here for a two week period, but I am cutting it short after what transpired today. First when I got up I found a 2'' cockroach in my sink. I contacted the manager in reference to the cockroach, the dirty rooms and attention to the little things. I explained to her that beside the bed and behind the night stand there were crumbs from what looked like fried chicken and or similar food. Additionally, there were dust balls and toilet was dirty (feces and staining). I let her know it is the attention to detail that would make this hotel better. She didn't care and was un-impressed, became confrontational due to me providing feedback about her hotel to her, which extends to her female night desk clerk as well. Yeah ..you get free breakfast...if you like powdered eggs, heat and serve sausage, and typical bland, carb heavy breakfast. If your traveling on business, or government stay somewhere else and spend your per diem on palatable food.
One last thing got the extra cotton weave blanket out of the closet....stained with feces, urine, vomit, or some other bodily fluid. Exchanged at the front desk...same stains....yuck

Pool is dirty and sits right next to highway off ramp, and about the size of a kiddie pool you can buy from Walmart, for water color think of lemonade....

Pros: really nothing, unless your cheap and want the carb heavy, institutional breakfast , and the Tuesday - Thursday managers reception with free food (institutional), wine (cheapest), beer (skunky).....see below.

oh about that you will be joined at breakfast and dinner reception by the local homeless people who wander in off the street. Highway underpass where they sleep directly across the street.

Cons: Loud (train one blk over), hence sunset station...yes the train blows all hours of the night and early morning.., smokey..got allergies to smoke..don't stay here, dirty rooms and no attention to detail..toilets urine and feces stained, random short hairs in bathtub, cockroaches, floors, hallways and elevators with dirt and food crumbs (bothered me so bad I vacuumed the elevator for them).

loud music from across the street (sunset station) which is audible in your room..right now its 11 PM.

Non caring, rude, unfriendly staff (except the male weekday breakfast attendant, and "Kaelee"??

The only thing keeping this hole in business is the government and military traveler, and the un-informed out of towner...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Yogi459
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Yogi459,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have traveled all over the country and this was one of the best experiences ive ever had! The service from check in to the breakfast every morning was the best! The gentleman in charge if the breakfast was great. You cant have a bad day after seeing him in the morning. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2013
Melissa E, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Staybridge Suites Downtown Convention Center. It is always a pleasure receiving positive feedback from our guests and we are happy to know you had such a wonderful stay at our property. We will share your comments with our Team. And again, Thank You for sharing your experience with us.