“Very nice hotel at a great price”

Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland
Ranked #143 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 21, 2011

A special deal let us stay at this hotel for close to the same price as any of the local "budget" hotels. It was a much nicer stay. However, for the cheap price you sacrifice a free breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I traveled from Mass to Texus with my 71 year old Mother and 49 year old sister both who have a lot of trouble getting around. We brought a wheel chair for my Mom. We were going to the Airforce Base at Lackland to see My Sisters Daughter Graduate from Air Force Basic Training. I reguested rooms close together near the front entrance due to the Mobility problems. The rooms were right next to each other and very close to the front door, that was very helpfull. The rooms were both very clean and in great shape. The grounds, pool and in house restaurant were all very very good. The thing that put this place over the top was the staff. They were all well trained and very polite. The real thing that impressed me was when I got lost going to the Base. We came all the way from Mass. to see this Graduation, that started at 9am. At 8:15 when I realized my GPS was not helping and we were probably going to miss the Graduation I called back to the Hotel. Charlene (the front desk clerk stayed on the phone with me for 20 minutes. She figured out were I was and talked me threw the differrent highways and got us to the Base. We got there at 8:59 just in time. We did get to see the graduation. How many desk clerks would stay with you on the phone that long and help you. She also took care of other quests while on the phone with me. This was such a save for us. Thank you Charlene. All the other staff was very profesionall and couteous as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mike m
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We always stay at Marriott when we travel (rewards members). We stayed two nights here. The hotel isn't bad. It's seemingly clean and the rooms are nice.

The second night of our stay was not so good. We were awakened at 3am to loud guests talking outside their rooms. This went on for two hours until 5am. However, we didn't let the front desk know about this at the time. The guests were in and out of rooms and we could smell smoke. We did notify the front desk that morning about the loud guests and smell of smoke.

Response: " I'll check on it. I think they are checking out today " And asked us for our room #. **We hadn't told her who was making noise/smoking because we didn't know for sure.**
We went back to our room and the smell of marijuana was heavy in the hall. We went back to the front desk and told them we could smell marijuana.

Response: She asked again for our room #. She said she had already talked to them. We had not told her who was smoking and making noise because we didn't know for sure. We just told her it was on the 4th floor.

When we went to check out of the hotel another woman asked how our stay was. We said it was good until now. They (same desk clerk as previous times) again asked us for our room #. (3rd time).

We don't blame the hotel for the loud noise and smell of marijuana but we found the response to our concerns lackluster. The other woman said she would contact the general manager and let them know what happened. She confirmed our cell phone #'s. That was a nice gesture at least. So far no response from the GM but it's only been one day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My kids and I headed out for a visit to Sea World and stayed overnight at the Courtyard nearby. It was perfect! We stayed in a king suite which also has a pullout couch. The rooms are small, but you're not in the room much anyway! They offer a free shuttle to Sea World, the driver was super helpful and on time. They have a great swimming pool as well to end the day with. The food was good, but service was a bit slow on delivering the breakfast to the table. Otherwise, we received VERY friendly, helpful service every step of the way. The hotel is clean, nicely designed and everything we needed for this trip. I'm definitely coming back on our next trip!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank atxfoodie
Reviewed August 16, 2011

New property, friendly staff, close to Seaworld, the hot tub was filthy and out of order, very small pool.
I would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank westtexas2
Reviewed August 15, 2011

the front desk staff were very helpful and professional. I didnt arrive in for my stay until close to 1am and once getting to my room, i found that it hadnt been cleaned. The front desk staff took care of the problem in a quick fashion but even arriving in my next room, you could tell it was POORLY cleaned. All and all, the stay wasnt horrible, but because of the cleanliness, this would NOT be my first choice!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Victoria H
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had a double queen room. There was a very compact fridge and no microwave in the room. For the price I paid I expected a little more luxury. You also have to pay for breakfast, nothing free there

• Stayed: July 2011