Bed was very comfortable - great soft pillows too.
I booked online 1 day before arrival (2 nites stay) for a King bed at a special rate of $79.20 a night and requested a high floor near the elevator. And even though I didn't check in until 11 pm, I still got the top floor near the elevator! Room 808 overlooking parking lot (which I prefer so I can see my car).
Be aware that soap and one small shampoo is all you get (no hair conditioner). Important as my daughter and I have long hair and used the whole bottle each night. Thank goodness I happened to bring my own hair conditioner.
Another thing, when we checked in we had 3 plush, white, extra long bath towels in our clean bathroom but after maid service the next day, we ended up with 3 bath towels that barely made it around my body and they were thin and rough, not white and plush like the day before at all!! Dingy and gray.
Breakfast is 6 to 9am and it gets packed towards the 8 am hour. ( I was there near a holiday so that probably was a huge factor. July 5 and 6 mornings. A large selection too! Coffe, juices, toasts, fruit, yogurt, fruit loops and rice krispies, boiled eggs, eggs scrambled and make your own waffles, pigs in a blanket. The next day it was biscuits and fried potatoes instead of pigs in a blanket. There was instant oatmeal and milk available both days.
Overall the area felt very safe, even though I passed a nightclub about a mile or so away behind and south of the hotel.
There's a large mexican restaurant next door and fast access to the highway. I didn't go to restaurant next door as I got in late each night after visiting sea world. But the hotel did have some snacks for purchase which was great! They had a Healthy Choice frozen turke breast meal that I purchased to take to my room ( and a single bottle serving of wine) and I got to use the microwave in my room ! Fridge in room was small and roomy!
Overall I was very pleased!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in March 2007, Located in Northwest San Antonio, the La Quinta hotel and suites and state-of-the-art conference center is a stronghold in the heart of the medical community with close proximity to the University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHSC) offering all non-smoking rooms, luxurious pillow top beds, microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, free wired and wireless Internet access, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Medical Center
- La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Medical Hotel San Antonio
- La Quinta San Antonio
- San Antonio La Quinta