“Pleasantly surprised”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Medical Center
Ranked #60 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Bed was very comfortable - great soft pillows too.
I booked online 1 day before arrival (2 nites stay) for a King bed at a special rate of $79.20 a night and requested a high floor near the elevator. And even though I didn't check in until 11 pm, I still got the top floor near the elevator! Room 808 overlooking parking lot (which I prefer so I can see my car).
Be aware that soap and one small shampoo is all you get (no hair conditioner). Important as my daughter and I have long hair and used the whole bottle each night. Thank goodness I happened to bring my own hair conditioner.
Another thing, when we checked in we had 3 plush, white, extra long bath towels in our clean bathroom but after maid service the next day, we ended up with 3 bath towels that barely made it around my body and they were thin and rough, not white and plush like the day before at all!! Dingy and gray.
Breakfast is 6 to 9am and it gets packed towards the 8 am hour. ( I was there near a holiday so that probably was a huge factor. July 5 and 6 mornings. A large selection too! Coffe, juices, toasts, fruit, yogurt, fruit loops and rice krispies, boiled eggs, eggs scrambled and make your own waffles, pigs in a blanket. The next day it was biscuits and fried potatoes instead of pigs in a blanket. There was instant oatmeal and milk available both days.

Overall the area felt very safe, even though I passed a nightclub about a mile or so away behind and south of the hotel.
There's a large mexican restaurant next door and fast access to the highway. I didn't go to restaurant next door as I got in late each night after visiting sea world. But the hotel did have some snacks for purchase which was great! They had a Healthy Choice frozen turke breast meal that I purchased to take to my room ( and a single bottle serving of wine) and I got to use the microwave in my room ! Fridge in room was small and roomy!

Overall I was very pleased!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Thank you for making our stay so pleasant. The staff was very courteous and the facility was impeccable. It was so quiet on our floor that we enjoyed a very good night's rest. The staff was more than glad to help everyone with special requests. The morning breakfast bar had a variety of foods for the choosing. In the morning, I realized there were many guests, but they were all in such good moods and so friendly that it felt like a big family atmosphere.
Congrats on such a lovely hotel. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Everytime we go to San Antonio we stay at this hotel. I love it more and more each time! This time we has a suite and I was so amazed at how big it was. I didn't want to leave cause the king size bed was so comfortable .

A La Quinta traveler
Harlingen, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have stayed several time at this location. I have found this site to be excellent on all services and room qualities.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place was rated very highly here but the cost was so low, so I was a bit weary. Here are the pros: Great hot breakfast, friendly staff, nice rooms, convenient distance to Six Flags, Sea World, and Riverwalk. Cons: stained, dirty carpet (in our room and out in the hallway), sluggish wi-fi.

Room Tip: Pack your own shampoo and a pair of house slippers.