“The worst experience of my whole life.”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
Ranked #196 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“The worst experience of my whole life.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and children ages 7, 4, and 1 stayed here while my son attended basketball camp in San Antonio. The staff was rude, unkept, unclean, etc. The room was not what was reserved. There were rat traps all around the property and the staff accused me of "destroying" their room and "kicking" the bathroom door down and tried to charge me an additional $250 for the fact that their door frame literally FELL OUT of place. Horrible construction quality. I wear a size 13 shoe and weigh 285lbs. If I kicked a door, the door would have damage, the door frame wouldn't neatly separate from the doorway. The company told me they could do what they wanted to since they had my credit card info. I had to cancel my card and dispute their charges when it was obvious that the frame of the door wasn't properly constructed to the doorway. The manager literally changed the room keys before discussing the matter with us causing my 7 year old to urinate in his pants because they wouldn't let us in the room to collect our things in a timely fashion and I was given 10 minutes to collect our belongings. I have documented all issues and am pursuing legal action against the thugs that operate this location. Buyer beware!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank 24hrro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bermuda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Clean, Nice staff. Beds were just okay, There was a stove, and fridge and microwave, and even dishes and utensils. Close to freeway, close to Fort Sam Houston, Gas station and fast foods.
There is a coin operated laundry room. Also first floor vending machines.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CrAzYfUnFaMiLy247
Charlotte, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Thanks you for a great stay. I stay at alot of Value Places for business. This property has completly turned around from last time I was there. New everything, encluding managment. People were really nice and tried to do everything they could for me. I will be staying with them again next month and I look forward to it. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Apparently an interim manager has taken over and it shows. Very clean, as affordable if not more so than other extended stays. New carpeting, new beds even though the facility is only 5 years old. Would recommend. I'll be here ~3 weeks due to the wait for an apartment. I've stayed in several facilities run by other businesses in San Antonio that make this place look like a palace. If you're a clean person stay here. If you're a scumbag, stay on Fredericksburg Rd. in their roach motels (and pay more for that privilege).

Room Tip: No comments on this.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank gypsy2424
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Numerous car break-ins, 2 cars were stolen from the front entrance. Daytime staff was very helpful, Nighttime is a different story; PJ the so called "security personel" is a shady character, he keeps the company of hookers, alcoholic friends at night. It's been going around that he is involved somehow with the break-ins and car thefts. MANAGEMENT needs to run background checks on their employees! The location is bad, right near the ghetto. The closest store in walking distance is the Dollar Store. The room was clean but beware of hidden charges. My 3G is faster than their 10.00 a week internet service. STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK! The rooms are WAY smaller than the website shows.The TVs are from the 80's that half-way work. The laundry machine charges are outrageous. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Telepathetic

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

The staff is friendly and easy to get along with. Someone is always available to reach if there is a problem. The rooms are keeped clean. There is a laundry room available if needed. It is quite and close to several resturants if you do not want to cook in your room. If staying long term house keeping comes in to clean your room for you every 2 weeks.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bratcat1
SHERIDAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

Last year when we stayed for 3 weeks at Value Place, we were concerned about a possible vehicle break-in and the manager was not friendly. This year, we stayed for 3 weeks again and found the new manager very friendly and helpful. Internet is available for a minimal charge. The hotel has added cameras for safety in the parking lot and also has a security patrol at night. We were very happy we tried them again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business