“Best blackbean burger ever!”
Review of Senor Veggie

Senor Veggie
Ranked #112 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We visited San Antonio and took our daughter to lunch. The black bean burger sounded good so that's what I ordered. It was the best black bean burger I ever had! The burger had just the right tenderness, the roll was really good, and the standard toppings were a delicious medley of flavors. The serving size was generous, and I'm not a light eater!

1  Thank John H
There are newer reviews for Senor Veggie

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My colleague and I were in San Antonio for 6 days for work. We both eat healthy and figured we could find a grocery store while working downtown. Boy were we wrong. Fortunately we found Senor Veggies. We'd eat dinner at the lovely restaurant and order take out for our lunches. All of the meals were superb, the deconstructed samosa, the bowls, everything. Can't decide which was my favorite. I'll gladly return to San Antonio knowing Senor Veggie is an easy walk from the downtown area.

2  Thank Baronnesse
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Senor Veggie is a wonderfully "local" vegan restaurant with vibrant colors, a decidedly San Antonio feel and bares NO relationship to the homogenous restaurants found everywhere. The dress is totally casual and the customers reflect the tremendous diversity of the city which is rarely found in other restaurants. The food was wonderful, the portions large. This one is worth the trip!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My goal is to try everything on their menu because so far everything has been fantastic. The soups are delicious. Most recently I had the mushroom and wild rice soup but I've also had the corn chowder and a leek soup as well. The poblano corn fritters are delicious and the dip is the perfect amount of spice. The buffalo po'boy is delicious- crave worthy in fact. This past weekend I tried the "Save the Tuna" sandwich- it was yummy. I would have liked it on heartier bread but I suspect that I'm in the minority on that. The kids meals have been kid-approved and all of the salads have proven to be delicious as well. If you're a vegetarian or vegan you have to come here. If you're a meat-eater, you should come as well because this food is GOOD. They serve lunch and dinner. The prices are extremely reasonable- sandwiches with sides are $8.00 or so.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Vegetarian meals are hard to find in San Antonio. I'm glad to have discovered señor Veggie. It's menu is limited and I would love to have more options because what we had to eat was pretty good. We started with the lettuce wraps. Nice flavor with romaine lettuce instead of iceberg. Awesome! My only complaint is that the four pieces of tofu you get is not enough. The tamales compuestos were very tasty. I would definitely get it again. The falafel plate was also excellent. Both plates were big.
Cons: The location is not that great as it is difficult to find parking. Limited menu