“Fantastic vegan eats in downtown San Antonio”
Review of Senor Veggie

Senor Veggie
Ranked #146 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
San Antonio
“Fantastic vegan eats in downtown San Antonio”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My goal is to try everything on their menu because so far everything has been fantastic. The soups are delicious. Most recently I had the mushroom and wild rice soup but I've also had the corn chowder and a leek soup as well. The poblano corn fritters are delicious and the dip is the perfect amount of spice. The buffalo po'boy is delicious- crave worthy in fact. This past weekend I tried the "Save the Tuna" sandwich- it was yummy. I would have liked it on heartier bread but I suspect that I'm in the minority on that. The kids meals have been kid-approved and all of the salads have proven to be delicious as well. If you're a vegetarian or vegan you have to come here. If you're a meat-eater, you should come as well because this food is GOOD. They serve lunch and dinner. The prices are extremely reasonable- sandwiches with sides are $8.00 or so.

• Visited March 2014

San Antonio
“Another great vegetarian restaurant”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Vegetarian meals are hard to find in San Antonio. I'm glad to have discovered señor Veggie. It's menu is limited and I would love to have more options because what we had to eat was pretty good. We started with the lettuce wraps. Nice flavor with romaine lettuce instead of iceberg. Awesome! My only complaint is that the four pieces of tofu you get is not enough. The tamales compuestos were very tasty. I would definitely get it again. The falafel plate was also excellent. Both plates were big.
Cons: The location is not that great as it is difficult to find parking. Limited menu

Pennsylvania
“Delicious variety of vegan food”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

After a week in Texas and more than our share of veggie fajitas, we were thrilled to find Señor Veggie, an all vegan restaurant in the heart of San Antonio!

They have a Good Karma Bowl that was loaded with quinoa, kale, spinach, beans, carrots, tempeh, and mushrooms. Soooo delicious and healthy!
My husband got the buffalo po'boy. An American buffalo 'chicken' sandwich.

We also tried the potato corn chowder. Everything was delicious, service was top notch, and the refreshing home brewed hibiscus tea was the perfect accompaniment.

We grabbed a baklava to go from their case of vegan desserts and our only regret was not finding it sooner. We would've returned for every meal in San Antonio!