Tripadvisor
San Antonio
3,260 results
All reviews bank building rooftop pool free drinks alamo national bank hot dogs nachos the river walk basement level stained glass light show baked potato mixed drinks valet parking breakfast and happy hour direct access alcoholic beverages main building
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

We usually stay at Marriott or Omni properties but decided to give Drury an opportunity. We arrived on New Year's Eve and we expected for the area to be busier than usual. Things did not start off great. The valet attendants were not friendly or helpful. We asked for a cart and the guy stated "we don't have any," and walked away. They did not offer to assist us with our luggage either. The front desk agents were okay, but not friendly. They could not accommodate our room request. Despite it being after check-in time, the girl stated that they did not have our room type ready. Since we were on a time limit, we just took what was available. The room was below standards and definitely not worth the price. The evening receptions and drinks were not great. All the staff looked overwhelmed, maybe it was because of the holiday? The stay never got better, the housekeeping staff were loud in the mornings and the building construction next door can be heard in the room. The only person we witness that was helpful and looked like he enjoyed his job was the AGM. Unfortunately, I did not get his name. I would never recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

First, I want to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend New Year's Eve. I assure you that we pride ourselves on handling very busy times of the year without losing the personalized service Drury is known for. Unfortunately we were unable to accomplish this goal during your stay and I want to personally apologize to you. We can go through some busy times and at times the hotel does get very hectic but there is no excuse for lack of service or for our guests to feel that our staff is overwhelmed. I assure you that we use your feedback as a coaching opportunity to improve our service as well as product. I know you do not wish to stay with us again but I would love for you to give us another chance so you can experience a true Drury Stay.

Raza Shahed

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Wonderful staff and great stay. I would recommend the Dury Plaza to anyone that wants to stay on the River Walk. The hotel has great amenities for the price.
The next time our family visits San Antonio we are definitely staying here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Drury Hotels
1  Thank T6691EDstephenw
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Drury Plaza has the perfect location, which is right on the Riverwalk and across from San Fernando Cathedral, with awesome views! I ended up staying at this hotel 3 times instead of staying at another hotel. The 3 rooms that I stayed are in the San Fernando Tower which are spacious and recently renovated. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The terraces had a great view of the cathedral, and we were able to watch the cathedral's laser show Friday night. Ask for the cathedral view if you book a terrace suite. The indoor pool and rooftop pool and hottubs also have amazing views, especially the rooftop which is practically 360 deg view. You can watch the NYE fireworks from there or even from the rooms facing the Tower of Americas.
A shout out to ANDRES whom we noticed worked long hours Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and rest of our stay, but still made time to say Hi to us everyday and still look sharp in a suit! He even remembered us when we returned a week later. He worked everywhere, from the reception, breakfast and kickbacks, valet and even room attending.
I love the daily, complimentary breakfast, evening reception kickbacks, and bar drinks. What a deal!
The only setback is the construction noise from across the street and valet can take about 15-20 min. The elevator wait isn't long like some people complained. And, my family of 5 always found a table to eat with no problem.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank R5150XZanal
Reviewed January 7, 2020

I booked a room at the Drury Plaza for a number of reasons - Tripadvisor reviews, photos of the lobby and rooms, rates and location. We prefer older hotels with history and warmth. The oversized double queen room, room 606, was spacious, clean and comfortably furnished. However, it was located next to the bank of elevators and on the hall that connects to the San Fernando Tower. Needless to say, it was a noisy and busy location which was quit disturbing. Also floors were tile which also produced much noise from footsteps and amplified conversations in the hall. The bathroom lacked adequate ventilation, lacked a night light and towels were coarse.

It appears that this hotel caters to families and budget minded travelers. The free breakfast buffet, with pajama clad noisy families, and evening "Kickback" were very crowded, which was not a problem because we did not intend to use those services given the great choices of restaurants in San Antonio. Another annoyance was that the bar would not allow us to take our drinks to our room. The bartender offered to put our drinks in to-go cups! No way would I drink a martini nor wine from plastic.

Finally, services were lacking. Valet parking was understaffed and the hotel did not provide call ahead service. Also, no bellmen were available to help with bags.

The hotel provided a good deal with reasonable room rates and reasonable parking rates ( $23 per night as compared to $38 at most other hotels ).

We will not return to Drury Plaza.

Room tip: Not sixth floor.
Date of stay: January 2020
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Unfortunately there is a lot about your stay that was not a positive experience. I want to assure you that we use your feedback as a coaching opportunity to better our product as well as service. We strive to provide a comfortable environment in our guest room so noise does not travel in but this was not the case for your stay. We strive to meet all our guests needs, but we were not able to accomplish this goal during your stay and we apologize for that. We do have certain procedures in place for to go drinks from our bar but I assure you that we will be looking at options if we can make this a better overall experience. I hope that you do decide to give us another chance as we pride ourselves for our service and the product we provide.

Raza S.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Was my 1st time staying at Drury Plaza Hotel and it was a great experience. Staff at the check in area was very friendly, professional and informative. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located in a great area, would totally recommend it.