Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
$268
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$158
$149
Hotels.com
$1,629
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$209
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
2,897 results
All reviewsbank buildingrooftop poolfree drinksalamo national bankhot dogsnachosthe river walkbasement levelstained glasschicken fingerslight showbaked potatomixed drinksfree happy hourbreakfast and happy hourvalet parkingdirect access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Quite a unique idea to convert a bank building into a hotel!
Check-in was very fast, and our room 1806 was right next
to the elevator. I was a little concerned about noise from
it, but it was never an issue. And it made getting in and out
of the hotel that much easier. Our room was much larger
than expected, with a full sized refrigerator, microwave,
recliner chair, ceiling fans, a nice sized flat screen TV, and
2 double beds. The afternoon drinks (not just well drinks)
was a nice touch, and having them on the terrace on the
roof was pretty special. Two jacuzzis and pool on the roof
completed the view of downtown San Antonio.
The access to the riverwalk was thru a small walkway which
lead direcly out. I did find it easier to locate my destinations
topside, then walk down to the riverwalk.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our 40th Anniversary trip to San Antonio....I will never choose another hotel if there is a Drury in the area....they made us feel so welcome from the moment we stepped into the hotel on Saturday until we left on Wednesday morning...Belen was there when we arrived with her sweet smiling face to make sure we got a beautiful room with a fantastic view of the San Frenando Cathedral in one of the new Tower Suites, and was there the last day to make sure we had a taxi to take us to the airport....we felt so pampered the whole time we were there.....from the wonderful morning breakfasts to the afternoon snack and drinks...we could not have asked for more.....each member of the staff went out of their way to be friendly whether it was the maintenace people in the hall , the housekeepers, or the people in the breakfast room....treatment like this also rubs off on all the guests as well...I don't think I saw one frown the entire stay.....they even have a business center where we used their computers and printed out our boarding passes for our trip back....it was like we had all the comforts of home....everything was so convenient......love this hotel.....love this staff.....(Belen and Johnathon were our favorites).....We would highly recommend the Drury Plaza to anyone going to San Antonio!!! Thank you all for a wonderful time!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarenC03
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The Drury Plaza Hotel is my favorite hotel on the River Walk not because it's the most glamorous or elegant hotel around (because it's not) but because it's the most customer-focused in every respect. My friends planned my bachelorette party there, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Although we were dissatisfied with our rooms when we first arrived (they were supposed to be close together and we were instead on different floors), a phone call to the front desk quickly remedied the situation. They moved us to the new tower with the newer rooms/suites, and it couldn't have been more perfect. Some of the features/benefits that will bring us back to this hotel in the future are: rooftop pool, complimentary happy hour (for all in your group), great service, complimentary hot breakfast, great rooms in the newer tower, friendly staff, great price, beautiful building with high ceilings and great River Walk location. This will be my hotel of choice next time I'm in SA.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle0830
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Our stay at Drury was outstanding. The free morning buffet was a treat. The rooms were very cozy. We would like to stay there again when we visit next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

What struck me most about this hotel (which was a bank in its previous life) was its amazing character. From the lobby to the elevators with the ANB (Alamo National Bank) logo still in the floor, to the safe in the basement, it's just a very interesting hotel. The staff was very friendly, we actually had the same person check us in and out and hold our luggage for us until we were ready to leave. I believe her name was Belize (spelling?) and she was very helpful. The room was very roomy, luckily we had a corner room so I think it was a little bigger. There was six windows, which made for a lot of light, unlike most hotel rooms. The free breakfast in the morning was very nice; we made sure we got up for it each morning. The free drinks and snacks were a nice touch in the evening as well. The roof top pool was very cool, although I found the pool and spa in the tower to be less crowded. I felt this hotel was a great value as well, considering everything we received. Three small issues I feel I should mention, although none of them were that troubling. First, there's not an ice machine on every floor, so you will probably have to go to a different floor to get ice. The vending machines were even more sparse. Second, the elevators were quite slow and I think there was only one to two working. It took us about 20 minutes to find one that wasn't completely full when we were checking out (and a lot of others, I'm sure). Third, they are really adamant that the hotel is on the Riverwalk, but as far as I can tell, it's across the street from the Riverwalk. It does have direct access to a newer part of the Riverwalk from the basement, so I assume that is what they are referring to.

• Stayed: September 2009