“Just Stay Here!”

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #9 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Stayed here Sep 9-12, 2008 and the reviews and photos are accurate. It is BEAUTIFUL and the amenities are SUPERB!

Check-in was FAST and the rooms were clean. The flatscreen was a nice touch and the bathroom was extra clean and sparkling. The view from 618 was so-so but my coworker got an 11th story room with awesome views and apparently the room was bigger. But my room was spacious enough for me. Absolutely no complaints.

The breakfast buffet was AWESOME and I'm not really a breakfast person. Pancakes, biscuits & gravy, sausage patties, eggs (and the eggs were perfect, not dry or too wet *ick*), and cereal, fruit, etc. Lovely breakfast spread.

My coworker also went to the Happy Hour every day with free food and drinks. He had the nacho's and said they were ok but the drinks were super. When I walked by one day, that floor (the food service is on the second level but you can see everything from the first floor cause it's an atrium) was PACKED with people socializing. They popped popcorn every day(free again!!!) and the atrium smelled delicious for those 2 hours.

The view from the tower was spectacular and my coworker said the rooftop pool and jacuzzi were awesome.

There were 5 elevators that were ALWAYS available to take me up or down. Never waited over 30 seconds. I had to keep going to the desk because my cellphone disabled my room key and all three times the front desk was quick and efficient.

Location was excellent and the hotel has an inside entrance to riverwalk. It's on quieter section but a quick 3 minute walk took us to the action. We also walked 4 blocks to the Marketplace and the Alamo is right around the corner. We literally walked everywhere even though we had a car.

Just stay here and trust me, you'll love it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2008

The Drury Plaza was our base of operations for our family vacation to San Antonio, TX and we were very satisfied with our stay. The staff couldn't be friendlier and the facility was great. My wife and children really enjoyed the outdoor pool. The free hour of long distance calls, free breakfast and the afternoon drinks and snacks were terrific. I wish Drury hotels were all over the country not just the mid-west and south. One sour note, there was a terrible odor near the fountain drink dispenser on the second floor. Other than that it is a great place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Recently took a couple of days to spend time with my wonderful husband in San Antonio to celebrate my birthday. He had researched and booked based on the reviews of Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed - the Drury Plaza Riverwalk was wonderful and we had a great weekend.

From our early arrival on Friday afternoon through our departure on Sunday morning, all went well. We had complimentary snacks and bar drinks offered in the evening and the breakfast each morning.

The staff (from front desk clerk to valet/bellman to housekeeping) were friendly and assisted with a "caring attitude" - this was evident throughout the weekend.

We had the jacuzzi king room, it had a recliner that was appreciated by my husband (after a stroll around the riverwalk - with good food and cold margaritas). The air conditioning can be controlled by the guest and was not one of those pre-set models. He was thrilled with this discovery as we have found the pre-set models usually never really cool off the room until after dark on those hot, humid Texas days. He had it cool and it worked to refresh and revitalize!

I, on the other hand, completely enjoyed the jacuzzi whirlpool to relax those tired old bones - it now tops my list as one of our best weekends and a terrific "birthday" present.

The pool and spa areas are small. However, we were not going for these amenities - the location (the history, architecture and design of the building) on the riverwalk; the comfortable, cool room with a wonderful king size bed; attentive staff and the room rate sealed the deal for us.

Definitely recommend the Drury Plaza Riverwalk!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed at this property for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.
We were given an upgrade to a larger 2-room suite in the newer San Fernando tower. It was extremely spacious and the views of the river and downtown San Antonio were great. We had two large flat screen tvs and a wet bar with fridge/microwave.

The breakfast was wonderful and not crowded at all. You can even take a tray back to your room if you'd like. The evening beverage service was nice as well.

The hotel does have Riverwalk access but the concierge helped us choose a fantastic local restaurant away from the Riverwalk (El Mirador). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Drury Plaza for one night on our way back to Corpus Christi after a weekend in Austin. I carefully researched all hotels on the Riverwalk and the great reviews and number one spot here on tripadvisor influenced my choice-even over the more pricey hotels like la mansion and el palacio. The bellhops/valets were wonderful and front desk staff was pleasant. We spent the evening walking and drinking at the riverwalk, then dinner at la margarita and were ready for our jacuzzi at the end of our long evening. It was super quiet, as I could hear my husband's soft snore moreso than at home. Breakfast was ordinary but nice to be included. The room and bathroom were small but adequate-I expected bigger for the price. Tasteful decor and the bed was nice. Overall a good choice but a little out of the way from the action on the river-however there is a walkway right out to the riverwalk from the hotel-do not let this disract you.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Before booking my hotel I researched various San Antonio Riverwalk hotels on this site, so the Drury more than met my expectations. Our room was very close to the elevators and the room next door had a dog owner, but we didn't notice any noise in our room. Our view was excellent and everything worked fine. The lines did get long for the free breakfast if you didn't get down there early ... we laughed that the line for breakfast & the line for the elevators were difficult to distinguish on the second floor. About the only time we waited for elevators, however, was at breakfast time & at the social hour. Being on vacation, we had no place we had to be so it wasn't a big deal.

I was impressed with the variety of the breakfast bar. The Social hour with drinks and snacks was also very nice.

I enjoy swimming so I was disappointed about how crowded the pool was with kids. I tried various times and the pool always stayed busy. The kids seemed to be having a good time. You could see pools from other hotels from the roof and they did not seem to have the same high traffic.

The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful. We asked for directions to a street restaurant & were given a map with written directions.

I loved the old bank building and enjoyed seeing the bank pictures & exhibits. We will definitely enjoy the Drury's hospitality again!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garlicaddict2016
Reviewed August 31, 2008

After traveling from Albuquerque to San Antonio for 11 long hours, we booked with Drury Plaza for a night. The next day we were to go back home (Dallas). The room was very well appointed with a comfortable king size bed and LCD flat screen TV. We chose the Jacuzzi suite and it was very nice to sit in after a long drive. We went downstairs for their happy hour. They do this along with a hot breakfast every morning, which is a nice touch. They let us checkout at noon instead of the standard time of 11. We are going back in September and will enjoy the ammenities of the hotel. The only thing that I probably do not like is the mandatory valet parking for $18 dollars a night, but I guess it is comparable to the other parking lots. We paid 15 last time we were there. Other than that, it was a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple