“Royal Treatment”

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #10 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm an older person, and the Drury is an older hotel. But I like to do new and exciting things, and the Drury accommodates that too. I arrived late in the evening and the exact room that I had reserved had already been sold. I was quickly given an upgrade. And not just to a larger room, but to a suite. My reservation had stated that I wanted a Jacuzzi, and the suite had one. Needless to say, that made my experience a pleasure. I realize that this circumstance would not happen all the time, but the rest of the amenities happen every day. Full service breakfast buffet, with food being cooked fresh right in front of you. A complimentary cocktail hour with a large variety of hot and cold foods. A private entrance on the the famous Riverwalk. Two pools, one inside, the other out. Key card controlled elevator access 24/7 and on the lobby doors in the evening. And a lobby decor fitting to the bank that it once was. I would be remiss in not mentioning Desiree at the front desk as being a true ambassador for this hotel. Her treatment of me was as if I were a guest in her home and that she was glad I was there.
My next vacation is to New Orleans in March. I would not even think of staying with any other hotel.company.

Room Tip: Use whatever booking service you like to compare hotels when you are planning your trip. Make your r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank jtfftj1155
Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying the hotel is beautiful inside but filled with rude and disrespectful people. Not only did I get cussed at and disrespected. Valet stole from me and when I approached management they could care less. DEREK one of the most disrespectful managers cussed me out and when trying to approach general manager James he refused to listen and insisted I was a liar smh. If your into getting cussed out and being degraded then this is the hotel for you. Not a family friendly environment at all. New management lack professionalism and respect for there guest.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank YANG K
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

At Drury Hotels, we hold guest service in the highest regard. We apologize if you felt the interactions with our team were unprofessional. We’ve had the opportunity to speak with you directly to address your concerns on several occasions, and feel it is not appropriate to share the details of our one-on-one conversation in this public forum. In the future, another hotel may be better able to accommodate your specific requests and we wish you success in finding a hotel to fit your needs when traveling.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently visited San Antonio and stayed at the Drury Plaza. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel room was reasonable and it included a lot of amenities. Their continental breakfast was great, with hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, toast, yogurt, breakfast buns, so many other tasty breakfast treats. Also included was "Happy Hour". With a totally great spread of food. Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, the works, and a large assortment of drinks. All for the price of the hotel stay. And there was always "Service with a smile" by the hotel staff. Don't eat too much at happy hour, there are so many wonderful restaurants on River Walk. It's a most wonderful place to visit... PS- don't forget to take a ride on the river..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank rosingke v
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a stay at the Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk. The location can not be beat, as the lowest level opens onto the Riverwalk itself, and not on to a busy/noisy area but a short walk to shops and restaurants. We found the included breakfast to have quite a nice variety of hot and cold foods. I am a coffee addict and theirs was quite good. Our room was on the 21st floor and very lovely, and I appreciated the ceiling fan both from appearance and practicality. The bathroom was very spa-like and the bed and side chair (we both read a bit in the mornings) very comfortable. I like that there is only keyed access to the building after certain hours, though my key did not work one time, but I had only to use the intercom next to the keypad to request entry from the desk. One other event was that our proximity to the fitness room (one floor above ours) was evident when some guests were apparently dropping weights repeatedly. A call to the desk quickly remedied that, as well. Beautiful lobby, helpful desk, friendly valets: we will definitely stay here again and recommend this to friends,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindie0159
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. The location was perfect...right on the riverwalk, with direct access from the basement level. We were on the 19th floor, almost the top of the building, and had a HUGE corner room with fantastic views of the river walk and the rest of downtown. The room was clean, quiet, with a huge shower and comfortable beds. The hotel rooftop pool was amazing, and there were two large jacuzzis to take advantage of. We missed the free breakfast and snack hour, but that's ok. Wifi is free!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner unit on one of the top floors for some amazing views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NellieX
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We have visited San Antonio in early October. Immediately had a complication as it turned out there are 3 different Drury Hotels in town. Although we tought we booked to the River Walk one we did not. And the other one was out of town. Howewer the staff was so nice and helpful they immediately offerred the same prices and we could rearrange the booking. The hotel is nice and clean, old style, very good location. The roof pool and 2 jacuzzis are amazing, with warm water and view over the city on the 22nd floor. The service included a breakfast, which wasn't too good, but it is avarage in US hotels compared to European ones. However complementary snacks and drinks were offerred every afternoon in the lobby that was nice. The best was the location. There is a direct access to the Ricr Walk in the basement and that is the main attraction in the city.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Balazs_the_Swiss
Reviewed October 1, 2013

An amazing historic hotel with probably the best location in the city, but it was the employees that were amazing. From the front desk when we checked in, to the valets when we departed, Every single employee was not only polite and helpful, but unbelievably friendly. I've stayed in hotels in over 40 states and more than 30 countries, and this was without a doubt the best group of employees I have ever seen. My girlfriend is also a traveler and was equally impressed by the hospitality. My only complaint is that we could not stay longer than 4 days. If you are traveling to San Antonio for business or a romantic get away...or both, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The new addition has an amazing view of the riverwalk and historic church, but you have to take 2 el...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple