Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
$189
  • Breakfast included
$373
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$289
JW Marriott
$219
Hyatt.com
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Omni Hotels
2,913 results
All reviewsbank buildingrooftop poolfree drinksalamo national bankhot dogsnachosthe river walkbasement levelstained glasschicken fingerslight showbaked potatomixed drinksfree happy hourbreakfast and happy hourvalet parkingdirect access
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Well, maybe not for everyone, but the best in our book. The hotel lobby is just gorgeous. The rooms are beautiful & luxurious, with top-quality, comfortable beds. The roof-top pool and hot tubs really put us over the top---what a view! We loved to do our sightseeing during the day, stop off for the buffet in the early evening, then head up to the pool & hot tub to relax.

Speaking of the buffet, we were really happy with the free breakfast buffet, as well as the early evening buffet & cocktails. It was nice to have the option of eating a nutritious breakfast before heading out, and the evening buffet was great if we wanted to relax in the hotel instead of heading out for dinner.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for anything more. This was a great headquarters for our vacation in San Antonio.

Room Tip: I had wanted to be on the river side, but those were only suites. The front desk person gave us a room on a high floor, which afforded a nice city view and eliminated any potential problem with noise. Plus: It was nice to be only a couple of floors from the pool level.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DCLawyerMom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I spent 4 nights at Drury Plaza and at first our room was small and I had to get a 2nd room, but its hard to judge a Hotel without actually being there. Once I got a 2nd room, they upgraded it to a Suite giving us a livingroom area and much more room and my kids were happy they had their own room. Our experience was wonderful, Staff was the most friendlyiest, helpful ever in all my experience of traveling. The breakfast and dinner kickback was what we expected and its sure saves a ton of money and time having this included in your room fee. The roof top decks (there are many hidden decks) were breath taking in the views and it was nice to kick back and relax. The pool area (there are 2) were well taken care and a nice escape. The location of the Hotel is great, right downtown, right on the riverwalk and right where all the action is. Valet Parking is 20 a day but well worth the price and there was no waiting long for your car. Security was visible and friendly and was nice to know they were on the job. The manager visited each deck at night and talked with guest and answering any questions you had. The only thing I could point out is they need to snuzzle the corners of the rooms and cobweb, our suite was slightly dirty but overall I cannot complain. We were told about the Festa in March and I am going to book a trip back here at the Drury just for the Festa. I understand that Drury will be building a Hotel closing to me in Michigan and they already have one in Michigan that I know of. This is a successful Hotel chain because they know the value of our dollars and include great amenities in your stay. I am happy I made the choice to stay at the Drury Riverwalk and I would would recommend it to anyone looking for a great location and great service. Thank You Drury for making our stay a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite facing the riverwalk on floor 21 or 22. Great views and quiet floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

we recently spent 11 day,s at Drury plaza on the river walk ,as a-combined 80th, birthday and a vacation. we could not have been treated better any where in this state, even to the queens castle in England. EVERY thing was perfect. we loved the kick back pop corn ,and especially breakfast.I was very impressed that the management took the time to personally welcome you and have a friendly chat.food was extra nice employ,s were extra nice it was clean , quiet, and i was very impressed with the security. already trying to think of an excuse to go back, and i can take my cat this time.thank you for a wonderful stay .( i loved the feather pillow,s ) (know how or where i can get one????

Room Tip: we were on the 20th floor the view was Awsome, like Christmas in September.VERY QUIET,
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed recently at the Drury for a medical conference. Not sure if the rooms were discounted but ended up in a small room with a desk workspace that was crammed into a small alcove. Nonetheless, the positives outweighed the negative.

The room was clean and during the week the cleaning crew kept the room spic and span. The room included a microwave and refrigerator which came in very handy. (There are several quick mart places near the hotel to stock up on soft drinks, beer, etc.)

The 32 inch LCD was a nice touch and unlike some hotel chains the source button on the TV and remote were open so if you brought a VGA/RGB audio/video cable you could access the hotels wireless though your laptop allowing you to connect with Netflix, OnDemand (if you have an account), etc. and run from your PC through the TV.

The bathroom was nice sized and there were soap, shampoo, conditioner dispensers in the shower and a hair dryer provided. The towels could use replaced though.

The comp breakfast was a nice touch with fresh fruit, cereals, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, etc. The 5:30 Kickback was welcome each night also as there was a spread of hot dogs, meatballs, salsa, chips, snack foods, etc. You could fill up and use the food as a meal or just nibble with your cocktails. While some reviewers commented on watered down drinks we did not find this to be the case. (We tipped the bar personnel so that might have helped). The tips also help get past the limit of three drinks per person. We saw people who got their drinks in plastic cups (lids provided) who would take them back to their room and refrigerate them and bring them to the pool the next day.

Speaking of the pool, the rooftop pool was very nice and rarely crowded until the weekend. Additionally the fitness room was equipped with the latest Nautilus equipment, free weights and treadmills and ellipticals. There was also a laundry on the pool/fitness level so it was nice to be able to throw a load in, work out then hit the pool while still being able to check on the laundry. Prices were a dollar for soap, 1.50 to wash and 1.25 to dry. Be warned to set the dryer on the highest setting even with a half load or you will have to run it twice.

Some reviewers have commented less than favorably on the staff. We never met anyone from the valet to the front desk to the food/bar to the cleaning crew that was any less than cheery. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

Complementary USA Today papers are provided at the front desk.

Access to the Riverwalk was through the basement. There are scores of restaurants to choose from on the Riverwalk. The Drury was also an easy 10 minute walk to the Alamo. Along the way there is a Hard Rock, Whataburger, Subway, McDonalds, etc.

All in all I am happy to give the Drury 4 stars. My only negatives were the decor didnt suit me. Some of the room fixtures and hotel hallway and lobby areas were dated and worn. Overall though, had a great experience at the Drury and would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank USSBeagle
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at this location for business. Staff was good. Enjoyed the food in the evenings, although the drinks were somewhat watered down. Overall good location and great value would stay again. Room was large and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012