“Great Guacamole”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Enjoyed all of the food but the make at your table guacamole was wonderful! The Iron Cactus is located on a quiet section of the River Walk so it was a more relaxing dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,177)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wonderful experience - and an entire gluten free menu for those that need it, like me. VERY helpful and knowledgeable about their items. Loved the food and experience so much we ate here two days in a row.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

to die for top shelve rita's, great wait staff and outstanding food. I highly recomend a stop for lunch / dinner or a rita at the bar.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Located on the Riverwalk toward the quieter end of the action, so there was no wait, even on a Friday night. Large restaurant with good ambience. Our waiter was very attentive. The menu is very interesting, so we decided to try items outside the normal TexMex "nachos and fajitas same old" food....ordered lobster tacos and a white fish entre. I really liked the tacos, but the wife and kids did not. The fish was OK, lacked the burst of flavors one expects with TexMex. The complimentary salsa was great. Overall, it was good but not great. Recommend it if you want decent Mexican food on the Riverwalk and don't want to wait too long for your table.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a lovely experience at the Iron Cactus. In spite of the heat, we sat outdoors. The tables are set back from the sidewalks of the RiverWalk, so we were next to plants and trees instead of the crowds, which was nice. The wait staff was particularly friendly and attentive, and the complimentary corn chips came with two kinds of salsa. We ordered two of the appetizer "tapas" instead of entrees (about $10 each), to share, and they provided a balanced variety of tastes - the "street tacos" (three little soft shell tacos, of various meats and flavors), and the fajita nachos. I would have eaten the same again if I'd had room in my stomach. I also enjoyed my "Mexican capirinha" and my husband had a tasty local draft beer (Shiner).