“Staff Nice but need to be cleaner”

Quality Inn & Suites SeaWorld North
Ranked #236 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel because it was very close to my brother house. The staff was very nice. The thing that shocked me was that they do not seem to use a vacum cleaner. The front door entrance of the Hotel is very filthy this is the entrance they should maintain it in optimium conditions. I stayed on the first floor and the rug was also not so clean. The laundry was always full of bed sheets everywhere.

The girl who cleaned the room do not change the sheets, even after we placed the sign, she disappeared the sign so we did not leaver her a tip. The towels did not smell nice If they fix these little details there Hotel will run in excellent conditions.

Awilda Hernández, San Juan, Puerto Rico

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel was very convenient. Only 6 miles from Sea World, where my mom and I came to visit. Wonderful and comfy rooms, friendly staff, great property. The breakfast could have used some improving, but overall not bad. Also, the only complaint I had is that every time I came down to the desk, the clerk was nowhere to be found.... But no issues to add. Definitely will be staying here when we come back in a couple months.

:) Love the flat screen tv's

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The front desk management was very cordial. The room quality was better than other contemporaries. Good service for the money charged. Internet was the issue though, but they had business center with 24 hours internet and I was happy with that. Free continental breakfast was decent. So, good experience overall. Will go again if I need to stay in San Anonio.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2010

The carpets in this hotel have never been shampooed. I had to wash my feet before I went to bed from going barefoot in the room. The bed was made each day, but the carpet was not vaccumed, nothing was wiped down and the toilet was never cleaned. I went to breakfast the next day and every chair in the breakfast room had multiple stains. There is a reason this motel was not crowded and I am going to spread the word, "dirty".

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank moomoo50
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Been attending rounds of meetings in San Antonio as of late and have checked out more than a few Choice Properties in town. This hotel strives to take good care of the guests and provide a restful nights sleep. Very comfortable bed and great shower.

Not a big hotel breakfast fan but they do a fine job serving it up everyday. Staff is very friendly and helpful. No problem at all getting late check-outs. Business center works like a hose.

Location is easy right off the 1604.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MopacMan
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from 6/2 - 6/6/10. Upon check-in, we noticed that there were several large dead bugs on the lobby floor. I understand that this is Texas, and that there *are* large bugs here, but someone should make sure their carcasses are not all over the check in area.

Upon entering the room, we noticed dust all over the TV and smudges on all of the mirrors. Even after housekeeping came through several times, they were still there.

The biggest disappointment was the second day of our stay, which found housekeeping skipping our room altogether. When I notified the front desk staff of the oversight upon our return that evening, there was no apology. I was then given 3 clean towels (there were 4 adults in our party) so I swiped some pool towels on my way back up to the room.

ALL of the vending machines were sold out of bottled water our entire stay. NEWS FLASH - it's HOT in Texas....might want to keep the water stocked.

Also, the room was on the second floor, but incredibly DAMP.

Also, the outside door boasts a sign that reads that the door is locked "at all times". It is NEVER locked. Anyone can walk right in.

The breakfast is decent, but you better get there before 8am....otherwise, you're screwed....in 4 breakfasts there, I saw the food replenished ONCE....otherwise, the trays stayed empty.

Finally, I find this hotel to be terribly overpriced for the amenities and service. Next time I come to San Antonio, I'll be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank karakiss
Reviewed January 25, 2010

The staff at the Quality Inn & Suites at Bandera Point in San Antonio were extremely helpful. When we arrived we were greeted with the most pleasant smile that you have ever seen, and Reena checked us in and was very helpful with anything that we needed. The room was one of the cleanest that we have ever stayed in and when we asked for an additional pillow it was delivered in less than 5 minutes. We will always stay at this hotel whenever we need to stay in San Antonio. The breakfast was delightful due to the fact that we both thought that everything was so fresh and tasty. Do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Fillet1