“Hard to find but worth every penny”

Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak
Ranked #175 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding and after you figure out how to get to the hotel and how the highways work to get around, everything was spectacular. The staff was very accommodating and willing to help. It is nice to find a hotel that still has a full breakfast without additional charges. And it was a full breakfast, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc.
The rooms were clean and everything worked inside the room. I would defiantly come back.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've stayed here several times during the last few months. Each time I can pick several employees who have helped make my stay extra special. Today I'll mention Lauren Taylor at the front desk, who worked extra-hard to get me a great rate the first time I ever stayed here. As a result, I've been back enough times and I'm now an Elite level member for Marriott. The hotel suits my needs perfectly, as I'm usually here for a few days to visit my kids who live in San Antonio with their mom. They have the option of staying overnight with me in a cool hotel and we don't need to spend a lot on food, since the rooms are equipped with everything you need for a home away from home. I've stayed in the fanciest hotels around the world because of my work. For value this is as good as it gets, and EACH STAFF MEMBER goes out of their way to make each guest feel special and important.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I normally like to stay at Residence Inns. This one is showing some wear and tear. Couch cushions squashed down inside the front edge of the sofa bed, big scratches on the wall, one side of the sliding mirrored door on the closet off the track, crowded bedroom, tatty carpet. The bed was squeeky and didn't have the plush linens I'm used to at Marriott hotels. The bottom sheet didn't fit and was all balled up under me every morning. I had planned to stay here long term but left for a newer, roomier hotel under another brand I'm loyal to.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HPDOS, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Islandgirllil,
We do truly greatly appreciate you choosing Residence Inn North Stone Oak to host you during the beginning of your stay. Please let me start by apologizing for your unsatisfied stay. As a Marriott Brand, our expectations are high and those are not the standards by no means that we should have upheld for you as a guest. Our feedback from our guests is highly valued and helps us correct the situation at hand to be a better hotel. We hope your experience does not effect the name of the brand as a whole. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to San Antonio. If there is anything else you would like to discuss or any other questions and concerns you have, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Amber Burbage | Sales Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Everything you would expect in a Residence Inn, including full kitchen and separate bedroom. Onsite breakfast area was very crowded; food was okay. Service was great - the staff asked if I needed maps, etc. Location is average - it is tricky to find this place from major highways.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HPDOS, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your most recent stay we us! We highly value any feedback and input to better accommodate you during your future travel needs. We are truly grateful that you chose Residence Inn by Marriott to be your home away from home during your 6 night stay and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you and your family again during your next trip to San Antonio, TX!

Best Regards,
Amber Burbage | Sales Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed at Residence Inns in the past and had a good impression of them, and needed a hotel in San Antonio in the north-northwest area, so the Stone-Oak Loop location seemed to fit our needs. However, it was very hard to locate using GPS alone. When we called the hotel for more precise directions, the staff had no clue about directions. When we finally arrived, we saw two people behind the counter, one of whom was folding hotel laundry. That just seemed out of place at a Residence Inn. The staff for the most part seemed untrained and left me with the impression that they had been hired that same day and given no orientation. I also got the impression there was no manager on duty, which I learned to be the case later.

The hotel is not up to standards I have seen in other Residence Inns. I agree with other reviews that rooms can be noisy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank merrill2706
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I like this Residence Inn. It's fairly new and located close to the intersection of 1604 and 281. We had a two bedroom suite which worked well for us. The rooms were clean and quiet. All of the rooms are accessed from hallways off of the main entrance, so its not an "apartment" like some Residence Inns.

Room Tip: You can exit out towards the back of the property for easy access to Highway 281.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I like Residence Inn properties. They are larger rooms and feel more comfortable. I'd love to give this hotel a better review. The people were very nice and the location is quite good. I didn't like that i had to ask for toilet paper and for linens for the pull out sofa. The room was clean and comfortable. Price was okay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HPDOS, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Kansastraveller1,
Thank you for choosing our Residence Inn for your most recent stay in San Antonio and for your comment. Your feedback is of great importance to us and I apologize that these items were not in your room when you arrived. We always strive to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests and again, i apologize if your stay was nything less than that. Thank you again for allowing us to be your home away from and we hope that we can see you again on your next trip in San Antonio!

The Management Staff at Residence Inn by Marriott San Antonio North Stone Oak